ubl message

Subject: DRAFT copyright statement for customizations

In February, we asked for, and received, guidance from OASIS
regarding copyright notices in UBL customizations:

   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200802/msg00038.html

Completing an AI that I was given some time ago, I've prepared the
following section for inclusion in the Customization Guidelines.

Jon

Acknowledging OASIS Copyright

OASIS policies support implementations, subsets, and extensions of
OASIS works as long as they acknowledge derivation from OASIS
works and do not incorrectly claim compliance with or identity
with an OASIS work.  If you modify the UBL Invoice schema, for
example, you cannot claim that it is still the UBL 2.0 Invoice
schema, but you should acknowledge that the new work was derived
from the UBL 2.0 Invoice schema.

Specifications and models published for use by others that
incorporate OASIS work should include the following in an
appropriate place, usually near the author's own copyright notice:

   Portions copyright (c) OASIS Open 200[8]. All Rights Reserved.

This text can be followed by the OASIS policy URI if the author
wishes to provide that reference:

   http://www.oasis-open.org/who/intellectualproperty.php

Those who publish such works should take note of the rights
available under the OASIS IPR Policy and their limitations,
including any notices posted with respect to a specific work.  In
specific cases there may be parties other than OASIS who, from
time to time, post assertions that a license is needed.  For IPR
notices relating to UBL, see

   http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ubl/ipr.php

OASIS generally welcomes the creation of derivative works, and in
appropriate cases, OASIS may assist in publicizing the work in its
own channels.