ubl message

Subject: Some questions and comments to UBL 2.0 specification

Dear UBL TC members,

We (UBL JPLSC) have recently translated to Japanese about the UBL 2.0 Errata
01 rev.2.
In the procedure of this translation working, we have had the following
questions and comments regarding UBL 2.0 specification.

1. UBL-2.0.html (UBL 2.0 main specification)
(1) Business process description of 4.7 Payment in UBL-2.0.html
There are business process descriptions in the chapter 4 in UBL-2.0.html.
We cannot understand the following description about 4.7 Payment.
The main sentence says "In the payment collaboration, the Payee (who is most
often the Accounting Customer) is notified of any funds transferred against
the account of the Account Supplier using a Remittance Advice." This
sentence indicates that the Payee is usually the Accounting Customer.
On the other hand, there are three parties in the Figure 17. Payment
Process. They are Accounting Customer , Accounting Supplier, and Payee
Party. this Figure indicates that the Payee and the Accounting Customer are
the different Party having different roles.
The main sentence and the Figure 17 are unmatched.
We think that the following changes would be necessary.
(a) The main sentence "In the payment collaboration, the Payee (who is most
often the Accounting Customer) is notified of any funds transferred against
the account of the Account Supplier using a Remittance Advice." should be
changed to "In the payment collaboration, the Payee (who is most often the
Seller Party) is notified of any funds transferred against the
account of the Account Supplier using a Remittance Advice."
(b) "Accounting Customer" in the Figure 17 had better change to "Payer Party
(Accounting Customer)".
(c) "Payee Party" in the Figure 17 had better change to "Payee Party (Seller
Party)".

2. UBL 2.0 Business Documents (Spreadsheets)
(1) Cardinality of Consignment (ASBIE) in Shipment (ABIE) in UBL Common
Library.
There is a ASBIE named Consignment in Shipment (ABIE) in UBL Common Library.
The cardinality of Consignment (ASBIE) is "1". We think that this means the
Consignment (ASBIE) is an essential BIE in Shipment (ABIE).
We cannot understand why the Consignment (ASBIE) is essential. We think that
the Consignment (ASBIE) is optional in Shipment (ABIE). Because, some
Shipment use Consignment, but some Shipment don't use Consignment.
We think that the cardinality of Consignment (ASBIE) should be "0,,n".
Remarks: Sue Probert said "It is certainly important to capture the fact
that shipments to consignments
can be 1 to 1, many to one, one to many or many to many " at her e-mail
titled "Re: TSC Action Item FollowUp" on January 24, 2008.

(2) The definition of PayerReference in RemittanceAdvice
The definition of PayerReference (BBIE) in RemittanceAdvice says "An
internal reference to the Payer's order for payment.".
This definition maybe mistaken. This should be "An internal reference to the
Payer for payment.".
Reason: This PayerReference (BBIE) is only a reference to Payer. The other
BBIE named 'PaymentOrderReference' is a reference to the order for payment
from the Payer.

(3) The definition of AccountingCost
The previous definition of AccountingCost (BBIE) in case of Order was "The
Buyer's accounting code applied to the Order as a whole, expressed as text."
This definition was changed to "The Buyer's accounting cost centre applied
to the Order as a whole, expressed as text." in the UBL 2.0 Errata 01.
There are AccountingCost (BBIE) in many Business Documents including Common
Library.
This change was done in many Business Documents including Common Library.
But this change was not done in the following many Business Documents.
- OrderChange
- OrderResponse
- OrderResponseSimple
- CreditNote
- DebitNote
- SelfBilledInvoice
- SelfBilledCreditNote
- Reminder

Best Regards,
Yukinori Saito
(Vice Chair of UBL JPLSC)
Yukinori Saito
ERP Research Corporation
e-mail: y.saito@erp.jp
Tel: +81-3-3432-1656  Fax: +81-3-5405-1302