ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 10 September 2008

MINUTES OF ATLANTIC UBL TC MEETING
WEDNESDAY 10 SEPTEMBER 2008

ATTENDANCE

    Jon Bosak (chair)
    Betty Harvey
    Anne Hendry

STANDING ITEMS

    Additions to the calendar:
       http://ubl.xml.org/events

       None.

    Review of Pacific call minutes

       No comments.

CUSTOMIZATION GUIDELINES

    JB: A candidate Public Review Draft is out to the TC for
    approval.  If no objections are received by COB Tuesday 16
    September, it will be submitted to OASIS for its initial 60-day
    review.  See

       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200809/msg00009.html

UBL 2.0 NDR EDITORIAL REVIEW

    JB: Just now picking this up after focusing on Customization
    Guidelines for the last couple of weeks.  I will be working
    with the file dated 2008-08-26 and including the following
    items:

    TRACKING ITEMS

       We need to add a section on code list metadata; see

          http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200803/msg00001.html

       Note on order of BBIEs and ASBIEs

          See minutes of Pacific call 1 July 2008.

    Questions regarding these two items have been sent to the NDR
    team and will also be put on the agenda for TC calls next week.

    ACTION: JB to make changes to the .xml after the questions
    outstanding have been addressed, then to BH for a respin, then
    JB to check for formatting problems.

    BH: Regarding the NIST schema checking facility: Zack at UCB is
    now working on the UBL rules.

    JB: There's some question how efforts other than UBL are
    supposed to use certain UBL-specific NDRs.

    BH: As well as rules that can't be tested programatically
    (e.g., the rule that spelling has to conform to the OED).  Zack
    will distinguish between testable and nontestable rules.

    JB: We need a list of issues for this NDR cycle so that they
    don't get away from us.

    BH: We will take the Navy spreadsheets and pinpoint the problem
    cases.

    ACTION: Put on the Atlantic agenda for next week.

UBL TC MEETING IN FREMANTLE

    Preliminary meeting info:

       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200808/msg00010.html

    Expected attendance: TM, MC, GKH; possibly AS, MG, AH

2009 TC MEETING SCHEDULE

    This is on hold till after the upcoming UN/CEFACT Plenary.

       April/May: East coast North America (probably in DC area or
       possibly in Ottawa) has been suggested, but it's possible
       that we will have an opportunity to meet with UN/CEFACT at
       their 20-24 April 2009 Forum in Rome.

       August: We are agreed on a preliminary plan to meet the week
       before or the week after the Balisage conference in
       Montréal; this would be 3-7 August or 10-14 August 2009,
       depending on which is chosen for Balisage.  It's possible
       that we will wish to hold a plenary in conjunction with the
       UN/CEFACT Forum in Sapporo 28 September - 2 October, in
       which case the Montréal meeting will be considered a working
       session.

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

    Regular schedule for the next few months.

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC