ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 17 September 2008

MINUTES OF ATLANTIC UBL TC MEETING
WEDNESDAY 17 SEPTEMBER 2008

ATTENDANCE

    Jon Bosak (chair)
    Betty Harvey
    Anne Hendry
    Zarella Rendon

STANDING ITEMS

    Additions to the calendar:
       http://ubl.xml.org/events

       None.

    Review of Pacific call minutes

       No comments.

CUSTOMIZATION GUIDELINES

    JB: Default ballot ended last night; will submit to OASIS to
    begin public review beginning next week.

UBL 2.0 NDR EDITORIAL REVIEW

    ACTION (9/10): JB to make changes to the .xml after the
    questions outstanding have been addressed, then to BH for a
    respin, then JB to check for formatting problems.

    AGREED to decisions and AIs assigned in Pacific call.

    BH: Have begun another editorial review, will have comments.

    AGREED to hold an NDR work session in next week's Atlantic call
    and hold changes decided this week till after that call.

    ACTION: BH to write translator to generate a docbook version of
    the checklist annex before PDF conversion.

    BH: "XSD" vs. "W3C Schema."

    JB: Prefer "XSD" to avoid confusion with other kinds of schemas
    (including DTDs and RNG schemas).

    ACTION: JB to check to make sure the NDR includes a statement
    that we use "XSD" as a synonym for "W3C Schema" and explains
    why.

UBL TC MEETING IN FREMANTLE

    Preliminary meeting info:

       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200808/msg00010.html

    Expected attendance: TM, MC, GKH; possibly AS, MG, AH

2009 TC MEETING SCHEDULE

    This is on hold till after the upcoming UN/CEFACT Plenary.

       April/May: East coast North America (probably in DC area or
       possibly in Ottawa) has been suggested, but it's possible
       that we will have an opportunity to meet with UN/CEFACT at
       their 20-24 April 2009 Forum in Rome.

       August: We are agreed on a preliminary plan to meet the week
       before or the week after the Balisage conference in
       Montréal; this would be 3-7 August or 10-14 August 2009,
       depending on which is chosen for Balisage.  It's possible
       that we will wish to hold a plenary in conjunction with the
       UN/CEFACT Forum in Sapporo 28 September - 2 October, in
       which case the Montréal meeting will be considered a working
       session.

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

    We reviewed meeting dates for the rest of 2008.  The schedule
    will continue as usual except for the following:

    10/20 conflict for JB; check with Pacific call participants

    11/10 possible conflicts due to Labor Day holiday in U.S.;
    check with Pacific call participants

    Week of 11/24: No meetings

    Week of 12/8: No meetings

    Week of 12/22: No meetings