ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 22 October 2008

MINUTES OF ATLANTIC UBL TC MEETING
WEDNESDAY 22 OCTOBER 2008

ATTENDANCE

    Jon Bosak (chair)
    Tony Coates
    Mike Grimley
    Betty Harvey
    Anne Hendry
    Andy Schoka

STANDING ITEMS

    Additions to the calendar:
       http://ubl.xml.org/events

       None.

       BH: There will be a UBL session at XML 2008 that will
       include presentations by TonyC and Mike Onder.

    Review of Pacific call minutes

       JB: Note that candidate requirements from BII will be
       arriving around the end of November.

       AS: Considerable work ahead for PSC and TSC to determine
       which items will be included in 2.1.

UBL 2.0 NDR EDITORIAL REVIEW

    We have a new PDF, but it's missing one of the figures.  Also,
    MG has not had a chance to review.

    This week's actions: BH to regenerate PDF, JB and MG to review,
    then JB/MG/MC/BH to discuss in next week's meeting.

    MG's new address is michael.grimley (at) navy.mil, and he is
    still in the process of getting OASIS mail switched over.

UBL TC MEETING IN FREMANTLE 19-22 JANUARY 2009

    Preliminary meeting info:

       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200808/msg00010.html

    Expected attendance: TM, MC, GKH; possibly AS, MG, AH

    JB: A preliminary look at the 2009 work schedule indicates that
    the Customization Guidelines (including any comments received
    during the review period) will be a key work item for
    Fremantle.

2009 TC MEETING SCHEDULE

    Current plan:

       19-22 January 2009 in Fremantle (see above)

       20-24 April 2009, colocated with the UN/CEFACT Forum in Rome
       if possible

       17-21 August 2009 in Montréal, final arrangements pending
       consultation with Balisage organizers

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

    See Pacific call minutes and NOTE TIME SHIFT IN EUROPE NEXT
    WEEK:

       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200810/msg00022.html

OTHER BUSINESS

    UBL 2.0 IDD

       AS: Explanation of reason for maintaining known shipment
       cardinality error in translations is confusing.

       JB: Agreed, but can't think of a better way to explain it.
       We can't introduce corrections into the translations that
       aren't actually contained in the original.  By the time we
       revised the original, we'd be running into 2.1 anyway.

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC