ubl message

Subject: Derived list of abbreviations for UBL 2.0 NDR

Hi folks,

In preparing my UBL training material I could not find a definitive
list of abbreviations referenced in NDR rule GNR4:

   UBL XML element names and simple and complex type names MUST NOT
   use acronyms, abbreviations, or other word truncations, except
   those in the list of exceptions maintained and published by the
   UBL TC.

I found some of Tim's comments here:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200409/msg00070.html

I found the document Tim commented on here:

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/9087/wd-ndrdoc-1.0.pdf

But the list was incomplete and has since been slightly changed (e.g.
no longer using "DUNS" or "GUID").

So, I did a mechanical analysis of paired capital letters in element
and attribute names which reveals the list of abbreviations as:

"Credit Card Verification Numbering System" must appear as "CV2".
"Identifier" must appear as "ID".
"Uniform Resource Identifier" must appear as "URI".
"United Nations Dangerous Goods" must appear as "UNDG".
"Universal Business Language" must appear as "UBL".
"Universally Unique Identifier" must appear as "UUID".
"XML Path Language" must appear as "XPath".

Regarding the element name "XPath", that technically is an
abbreviation of the "XML Path Language" http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath
but I'm not sure if it belongs in this list because the dictionary
entry name uses "XPath" which is already abbreviated.

Lastly, we do use the "UBL" abbreviation in the model element
"UBLVersionID" as well as the non-modelled extension artefacts
"UBLExtensions" and "UBLExtension", so I think it should be included.

Am I missing any?

--
Upcoming XSLT/XSL-FO, UBL and code list hands-on training classes:
:  Sydney, AU 2009-01/02; Brussels, BE 2009-03; Prague, CZ 2009-03