ubl message

Subject: Revised minutes of Pacific UBL TC call 16|17 February 2009

Added that the proposed UN/CEFACT Forum meeting referenced under
Additions to the Calendar is to take place in 2010.

MINUTES OF PACIFIC UBL TC MEETING
TUESDAY 17 FEBRUARY 2009

ATTENDANCE

    Jon Bosak (chair)
    G. Ken Holman
    Tim McGrath (vice chair)
    Andy Schoka

STANDING ITEMS

    Additions to the calendar:
       http://ubl.xml.org/events

       GKH: UN/CEFACT Forum meeting has been proposed for 30 August
       - 3 September 2010 in Geneva (not final).

       TM: eChallenges e-2009 conference (sponsored by EC and IEEE)
       will be held October 2009 in Istanbul:
       http://echallenges.org/e2009/

    Liaison reports

       Item: ISO TC 204 WG1 liaison

       AS: WG1 has published a tech report on data harmonization of
       ITS concepts that introduces the UN/CEFACT CC methodology.
       WG1 is about to update it based on work in the UK by the
       highways agency.  This could lead to approaches to
       interoperability among data sets that are not completely
       aligned.  We should see whether any TC members are
       interested in helping WG1 formulate approaches to
       harmonization or suggesting ways in which we can apply these
       concepts.

          ACTION: AS to circulate Cornwall paper to the TC and
          invite UBL members to participate in the team currently
          doing UBL/UN CC mapping.

       TM: The UN/CEFACT Plenary originally scheduled for June 2009
       has been moved back to November.  Our collaboration plan is
       undergoing another round of review in CEFACT; we are
       actively pursuing this and await feedback.

    Subcommittee report: TSC

       AS: We continue to meet on a regular basis.  The EU
       Freightwise project has decided to implement their software
       interface based on the UBL library and will be participating
       in TSC calls.  This week's meeting will be shifted to the
       morning to allow participation from Europe.  The TSC
       continues to focus on mapping transportation CCs for
       submission to TBG17.

       TM: Procurement CC alignment is being picked up by PSC
       through BII WG2.

    Issues list updates

       JB: FIRTG is working to complete a set of financial
       requirements.

       TM: To avoid duplication and confusion, we will wait until
       the FIRTG input is complete before adding the requirements
       to the issues list.

    Review of Atlantic call minutes

       GKH: Re NDR: The PDF has grown quite large.

       JB: In order to provide high quality illustrations, we're
       using a high DPI.  If necessary, the file size can be
       reduced in Acrobat before we publish.

       ACTION: JB to copy GKH on DocBook formatting discussions
       with BH later in the week.

2009 WORK SCHEDULE

    Preliminary version:

    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200902/msg00007.html

       AGREED to add schedule review to the standing agenda for
       Pacific calls.

ADVANCED ELECTRONIC SIGNATURE (XAdES)

    ACTION: JB to contact Julián and get going.

UBL 2.0 CUSTOMIZATION GUIDELINES

    Regarding:

    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200902/msg00008.html

    AGREED to accept new figures contributed by Crane Softwrights
    and to incorporate language suggested by GKH (language in
    existing diagram relating to "version" will need to be
    adjusted).

    ACTION: JB to implement all suggested changes and new diagrams,
    crediting Crane for contributed artwork; GKH to send vector
    file.

MODEL LETTER AGREEMENT, ETC.

    Thanks to GKH, we can retire this item.

    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200902/msg00009.html

UBL 2.1 SCHEMA GENERATION

    From 12/16:

    "AGREED that schema output and tool issues will need to be
    reviewed, but we think this can be done on the TC list;
    therefore, a task group should be sufficient.

    ACTION: JB to inform Oriol and formally constitute the group."

       JB: Wait until work ready to begin?

       GKH: Already begun with work on stylesheet to create a
       codelist-free UDT.

       AGREED to go ahead with creation of the team.

2009 TC MEETING SCHEDULE

    20-24 April 2009, colocated with the UN/CEFACT Forum in Rome if
    possible.

       TM: Still no update on room availability.

    17-21 August 2009 in Montréal, colocated with Balisage the
    previous week.

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

    GKH: Will miss weeks of 9, 16, 23, and 30 March.

    AS/TM: Good for March.

    JB: Will miss one week but don't know which yet; so following
    schedule is tentative in this respect:

       Week of 2009.02.16: Regular schedule
       Week of 2009.02.23: Regular schedule
       Week of 2009.03.02: Regular schedule
       Week of 2009.03.09: Regular schedule
       Week of 2009.03.16: Regular schedule
       Week of 2009.03.23: Regular schedule
       Week of 2009.03.30: Regular schedule

OTHER BUSINESS

    TM: Stephen Green has suggested the creation of a profile of
    the UBL Order process for use in the work of the OASIS TAG TC.

    AGREED that we will informally review SG's Order profile in
    next week's Pacific call.

    AS: Continuing to seek collaboration software for TSC work.

    ACTION: AS/TM/GKH to investigate Skype "extras" for online
    collaboration and report back next week.

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC