ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Pacific UBL TC call 16|17 March 2009

MINUTES OF PACIFIC UBL TC MEETING
TUESDAY 17 MARCH 2009

ATTENDANCE

    Jon Bosak (chair)
    Tim McGrath (vice chair)
    Andy Schoka

STANDING ITEMS

    Additions to the calendar:
       http://ubl.xml.org/events

       None.

    Review of Atlantic call minutes

       No comments.

SCHEDULE REVIEW

    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200903/msg00026.html

    TSC (AS): Continues to meet, alternating mornings and evenings
    Thursdays (Washington time) to address TBG17 issues and also
    dialogue with FreightWise.  This week's is a morning meeting.

    FIRTG (JB): Have received initial set of recommendations from
    Georg plus followup from Roberto.

       TM: This is excellent work and exactly what we were hoping
       for.  The next step will be to consolidate with the other
       2.1 issues at the Rome meeting and get back to the members
       of the FIRTG as we require more information or
       clarification.

       AGREED to fold the FIRTG items into the general issues list
       once the recommendations are complete, and at that point to
       change the FIRTG cells in the schedule (Row 6) to
       "Coordinate with the UBL TC."

    PSC -- CPFR, Sales, Utility, eTendering (TM): Held kickoff
    meeting last Friday, minutes not done yet.  Discussed the work
    plan.  The current procurement issues list and spreadsheet
    templates will be sent to all the work teams, which will
    convert their input into this format together with a
    spreadsheet showing their additions to the Common Library no
    later than the Rome plenary, which we expect a representative
    of each work team to attend.

    2.0 NDR (JB): It now appears that the line numbers are not
    actually an OASIS requirement for DocBook-based publications
    but rather an implicit requirement when using the OASIS
    templates that support it.  JB will now proceed to final edit.

    Customization Guidelines (TM): Still discussing one piece of
    language.

       AGREED that lacking a further response from GKH, we will go
       with "recommended" rather than "obliged."

       ACTION: If nothing received to the contrary, JB to
       incorporate the last change and distribute to the TC for a
       sanity check toward the end of this week, with public review
       approval around the beginning of next week.

    IDD Vol. 1 (JB): Default letter ballot ends COB Wednesday.

    XAdES profile (JB): It's been suggested that this be set up as
    an SC with charter beyond the XAdES profile.

       AGREED that it's reasonable to create a new Security SC with
       the proviso that its primary task is to develop the XAdES
       profile and then continue on to "other aspects of UBL
       security as requested by the UBL TC."

       ACTION: JB to continue discussion with XAdES participants.

    UN/CEFACT Convergence (TM): We are aiming to complete the first
    pass of the UBL 2.0 BIEs to CCL08B Core Components by the end
    of this week.  The next step will be to prepare for submission
    to TBG17.

       AS: It appears from materials at core.gov that a technical
       editor will be assigned to this by TBG17.

2009 TC MEETING SCHEDULE

    20-24 April 2009, colocated with the UN/CEFACT Forum in Rome.

       Agenda:

          http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200903/msg00030.html

          TM: We have a reasonably full UBL technical agenda this
          time.

       Participants registered so far:

          Oriol Bausà
          Peter Borresen
          Martin Forsberg
          Tim McGrath (chair pro tem)
          Kim, Sung Hyuk
          Sven Rasmussen
          Ole Madsen (possible)
          Andy Schoka (possible)

    17-21 August 2009 in Montréal, colocated with Balisage the
    previous week.

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

       Week of 2009.03.16: Regular schedule
       Week of 2009.03.23: Regular schedule