ubl message

Subject: Default letter ballot: creating the UBL Security SC

Hello UBL TC,

As discussed in several recent UBL TC calls, we've decided to
constitute the XAdES profile effort as a UBL subcommittee rather
than an ad hoc work team.  Establishment of the proposed UBL
Security SC will give us a place to deal with further possible
UBL-related security issues after completion of the XAdES profile.

I have circulated the following resolution to the members who have
signed up for this activity, and they are in agreement on its
wording.  I am therefore submitting it to you for approval.

If any voting member has an objection to adoption of the
resolution below, please notify the TC by mail to this group no
later than COB Monday 13 April 2009.  If you have no objection, do
nothing.

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC

RESOLVED,

1. That a UBL Security Subcommittee be created with the following
    charter:

     - To create a UBL profile of XAdES to enable the advanced
       electronic signature of UBL documents requiring special
       advanced legal and technical requirements not available in
       the base XML DSIG.

     - To document best practices for use of XAdES with UBL
       documents in order to facilitate consistent UBL
       implementations of XAdES.

     - To address other aspects of UBL security as requested by the
       UBL TC.

     - To establish informational liaisons with relevant standards
       body activities such as ETSI and CEN working groups.

     - To gather security requirements via the UBL TC comment form.

2. That the following UBL TC members be appointed the initial
    voting members of the Security SC:

    Iñigo Barreira
    Oriol Bausà
    Andrea Caccia
    Roberto Cisternino
    Juan Carlos Cruellas
    Julián Inza

3. That other interested UBL TC members be added to the Security
    SC per OASIS TC procedures.

4. That the Security SC be chaired by Julián Inza.