ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Currency Codes - ISO 4217: TRY vs. TRL

Some unfortunate important typos need to be addressed:

At 2009-04-13 09:22 -0400, I wrote:
>This blurring results from UN/CEFACT fixing the code list collection
>as the set of W3C Schema XSD enumerations you cite in
>CodeList_CurrencyCode_ISO_7_04.xsd.  The use in UBL 2.1

(should have been written "The use in UBL 2.0 ...")

>of the untouched UN/CEFACT XSD fragments means that UBL's code list
>specification techniques can only be used for restricting the three
>code lists with XSD enumerations.  UBL's code list specification
>techniques cannot be used for extending the three code lists with
>XSD enumerations.  UBL's code list specification techniques can be
>used for extending any other code list, and users can claim
>conformance to those extended code lists in conjunction with the UBL
>structures.
>
>In UBL 2.1 you will easily be able to categorically state conformance to:
>
>   1) - UBL 2.1 document structures and lexical constraints
>   2) - a code list collection that includes TRY in the currency list

... and so on until ...

>Note that the use of the UN/CEFACT XSD enumerations will be an
>Achilles heel for those users who extended the three cited code lists.

"... for those users who need to extend the three cited code lists."

>The proposed filtering of one of your extended instances with UBL
>2.x constructs to an instance with only UBL 2.0 constructs will fail
>to validate with the UBL 2.0 schemas.

... and so on.

Nothing else jumps out at me, but those two faults did.

Forgive my mistakes please as I wrote the response in a rush.

--
XSLT/XQuery/XSL-FO training in Los Angeles (New dates!) 2009-06-08
Male Cancer Awareness Nov'07  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc