ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Pacific UBL TC call 3|4 August 2009

MINUTES OF PACIFIC UBL TC MEETING
TUESDAY 4 AUGUST 2009

ATTENDANCE

    Jon Bosak (chair)
    G. Ken Holman
    Andy Schoka

STANDING ITEMS

    Additions to the calendar:
       http://ubl.xml.org/events

       None.

    Review of Atlantic call minutes

       No comments.

SCHEDULE REVIEW

    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200906/msg00026.html

    TSC (AS): Held meeting last week and continued discussion of
    Freightwise data models.  Expect to hold another work session
    this week, including a discussion of requirements for new code
    lists.

       ACTION: AS to keep TonyC in the loop regarding code list
       issues.

    GKH: Spreadsheets?

       ACTION: JB to ping TM.

    AS: TSC will not have ss in time for Montréal.

    GKH: We need summary of the new doc types.

       ACTION: JB to review current 2.1 doc draft to see what we
       have.  We know that not all doc types have been identified
       yet.

    AGREED that we need to add a row in the schedule below current
    row 15 for "UBL 2.1 Implementation Guidelines."  We will need
    resources to actually accomplish this.

    ACTION (6/30): TM to circulate a draft CCTS 2.01 DMR to the
    TC for review.

       Pending.

UBL LATAMLSC FORMATION

    JB: Have been in correspondence with Kenneth; he will be
    sending a draft charter for further discussion.

UBL 2.1 DOCUMENTATION

    JB: Will need help setting up the PDF production environment
    (this is already scheduled for the F2F).

CONCEPT OF CODE LIST TEMPLATES FOR UBL 2.1

    See

    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200907/msg00021.html

    AGREED that we will include the metadata-only gc files in a
    separate "templates" directory in the 2.1 package along with an
    explanation of their possible use.  These will not be pointed
    to from the CVA because they are not participating in
    validation.  This means that for every code list item, there
    will either be sets of actual codes in the default directory or
    metadata-only files in the templates directory.  (In essence,
    we are agreeing to GKH's suggestions in the message referenced
    above with the exception of his suggestion #2, deciding instead
    to include these files rather than omit them.)  The
    metadata-only files will use the same internal structure used
    in 2.0, but will be separated into the templates folder rather
    than mixed in with the others.  The location URI will reflect
    their location in the distribution set.  The CEFACT codelists
    will be moved into the default directory.

MONTRÉAL MEETING 17-21 AUGUST 2009

    The meeting will be held in the downstairs lounge of the Hotel
    Europa in Montréal during the week following the Balisage
    markup conference (http://www.balisage.net/) in the same
    location.  The opening plenary will take place at 09:15
    Montréal time Monday 17 August 2009.  Call-in information is
    the same as used for weekly UBL TC calls (see any TC agenda).
    GKH will host a Yugma session on his machine; an ID will be
    provided by email at the start of the call.

    The Montréal meeting marks the completion of outstanding issues
    and closure of the door to any data model changes till the next
    public review cycle.

    Planning to attend in person: JB, GKH, MC, MG, ZR (Mon-Tue)

    Planning to attend by phone: TM, PLB, AS, BH, TonyC, AH.

    Specific scheduling items:

       TM may not be able to attend the opening plenary.

       GKH will be delivering a 90 minute presentation to a
       corporate client 1500-1630 Tuesday; the group may wish to
       attend.

       We will be scheduling a call 0930 Wednesday 19 August for a
       work session with Freightwise regarding UBL spreadsheets.

       People attending in person should plan to meet at 7
       p.m. Sunday night 16 August in the lobby of the Europa for
       dinner.

    Agenda and work assignments (confirmed participants):

       Complete UBL 2.0 NDR and prepare for publication (JB, MC,
       MG; GKH on call for formatting help)

       Complete UBL 2.0 Guidelines for Customization, including
       comment review (JB, MC, MG, plus remote participants in
       plenary)

       Test schema generation (GKH, Oriol, TonyC)

       Review initial UBL 2.1 documentation (all)

       Review data models etc. to identify materials to be added to
       the document in progress (TM, AS, AH, PLB)

2010 UBL TC MEETING SCHEDULE

    8-12 February 2010 in Copenhagen, colocated with a PEPPOL
    conference 10-11 February.  TM to chair.

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

    Week of 10 Aug 2009: >>> TRAVEL <<<
    Week of 17 Aug 2009: UBL TC meeting in Montréal
    Week of 24 Aug 2009: >>> TRAVEL <<<
    Week of 31 Aug 2009: Regular schedule

OTHER BUSINESS

    AS: What is analogous to the UN/CEFACT data type catalog for
    defining fundamental data types in UBL?

    GKH: We use the CCTS 2.01 data types; any of those types are
    available to us.

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC