ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Defining Geograpic areas in UBL - How?

Here is my guess:

I'm assuming that you are referring to how to fill in cac:Location
... that in your UBL you've gotten down the structure to
cac:DeliveryLocation or cac:PhysicalLocation, or some other ASBIE
that has the object class described by cac:Location.

Looking at my HTML reports found here:

   http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/resources/ubl/index.htm#ubl2modelreport

... I find cac:Location at row 598 of the common library.  I see
there is a child cac:Address.  In address I see the last child is
zero or more cac:LocationCoordinate elements.  and in
cac:LocationCoordinate I see the ability to enter in many values for
latitude, longitude, etc.

So, then, if I had to specify three lat/long values for a delivery
location, I would use:

   <cac:DeliveryLocation>
     <cac:Address>
       <cac:LocationCoordinate>
          <cac:LatitudeDegreesMeasure>yyy</cac:LatidudeDegreesMeasure>
          <cac:LatitudeDirectionCode>North</cac:LatitudeDirectionCode>
          <cac:LongitudeDegreesMeasure>xxx</cac:LongitudeDegreesMeasure>
          <cac:LongitudeDirectionCode>North</cac:LongitudeDirectionCode>
       </cac:LatitudeCoordinate>
       <cac:LocationCoordinate>
          <cac:LatitudeDegreesMeasure>yyy</cac:LatidudeDegreesMeasure>
          <cac:LatitudeDirectionCode>North</cac:LatitudeDirectionCode>
          <cac:LongitudeDegreesMeasure>xxx</cac:LongitudeDegreesMeasure>
          <cac:LongitudeDirectionCode>North</cac:LongitudeDirectionCode>
       </cac:LatitudeCoordinate>
       <cac:LocationCoordinate>
          <cac:LatitudeDegreesMeasure>yyy</cac:LatidudeDegreesMeasure>
          <cac:LatitudeDirectionCode>North</cac:LatitudeDirectionCode>
          <cac:LongitudeDegreesMeasure>xxx</cac:LongitudeDegreesMeasure>
          <cac:LongitudeDirectionCode>North</cac:LongitudeDirectionCode>
       </cac:LatitudeCoordinate>
     </cac:Address>
   </cac:DeliveryLocation>

And the way I actually found this was backwards:  I looked up
Latitude and found where LatitudeDegreesMeasure is used, which is in
LocationCoordinate, then looking at LocationCoordinate I see it is
used in Address, then looking in address I see it is used as a DeliveryAddress.

I hope this is what FreightWise is looking for.  Please acknowledge
either way so that I can guess again if I am wrong above.

Thanks for the question, Andy!

Male Cancer Awareness Nov'07  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/bc