ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 9 September 2009

MINUTES OF ATLANTIC UBL TC MEETING
WEDNESDAY 9 SEPTEMBER 2009

ATTENDANCE

    Jon Bosak (chair)
    Peter Borresen
    Tony Coates
    Mavis Cournane
    Anne Hendry
    G. Ken Holman
    Zarella Rendon
    Andy Schoka

STANDING ITEMS

    Additions to the calendar:
       http://ubl.xml.org/events

       None.

    Review of Pacific call minutes

       No comments.

SCHEDULE REVIEW

    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200906/msg00026.html

    ACTION: JB to revise schedule per call of 2 September.

MONTREAL MEETING REVIEW

    MONTREAL MEETING MINUTES
       http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200909/msg00004.html

       Specifically

          http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/34081/

       JB: (Notes couple of typos mentioned by GKH in
       correspondence)

       GKH: Regarding this passage:

       /================================================================
       | Figure for UBL Spreadsheet Architecture:
       |
       |    AGREED to eliminate qualified datatypes box and arrows.
       |
       |    AGREED to add a box to the side (on the right) labeled "Data
       |    Type Qualification" with a file box inside labeled "UBL
       |    OASIS CVA file" with an arrow down to "Genericode Files."
       |    And an arrow to it from both "Document Spreadsheet Model"
       |    and "Common Library."  (To put it another way: pull the
       |    qualified datatypes box out to the right and eliminate arrow
       |    to "core component types.")
       \================================================================

       This should have been reviewed after Mike suggested the
       preservation of the QDT file.  In fact, now, the schema
       diagram remains intact, with the new addition of the CVA
       boxes.

       AGREED:

        - Change above to "schema diagram remains intact."

        - Figure for Spreadsheet Realization is correct: the
          diagram needs to move the purple qdt spreadsheet box into
          the code list files area, and relabel as "data type
          qualifications (CVA)"

       No other corrections to the minutes.

    UBL LATAMRSC FORMATION

       AGREED to adopt Oriol's suggestion (see closing plenary).

       AGREED to adopt proposed rules for Regional Subcommittees as
       amended (these will be posted for a 7-day approval).

       AGREED to start 7-day approval of LATAMRSC formation.

    UBL 2.0 GUIDELINES FOR CUSTOMIZATION
       http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/33905/
       + minutes of 2009.08.19 under Customization Guidelines

       No objections to the agreements in Montreal.

       GKH (regarding the revised title): We will need a Second
       Edition for UBL 2.1 because Figures 16, 19, and 22 will need
       to be revised to reflect the new schema structure in 2.1.

          ACTION: GKH to produce revised versions of Figures 16,
          19, 22 for inclusion in the Second Edition.

       JB: Last week, TM raised the issue of whether the Abstract
       is still correct.  It says "This document provides practical
       guidance in creating UBL-conformant and UBL-compatible
       document schemas." This appears to be still correct.

          AGREED that we will keep the current language unless TM
          proposes something better.

          AGREED to move the Guidelines toward CS modulo possible
          proposal for rewording of the Abstract.

    UBL 2.0 NAMING AND DESIGN RULES
       http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/33904/

       AGREED to move the NDR doc toward CS.

    UBL 2.1 SCHEMA GENERATION
       http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/33945/
       Final review.  See minutes of 2009.08.17 "Code List
          Discussion" and "Review of Schema Generation" 2009.08.18

       We didn't get a chance to work through this but agreed to
       work on it in mail and wrap up in the 21|22 September
       Pacific call.

FOR NEXT WEEK:

    UBL 2.1 NAMING AND DESIGN RULES
       See minutes of 2009.08.19 "Proposed NDR 2.1 Rules"

CCTS 2.01 DMR (from Pacific agendas)

    ACTION (6/30): TM to circulate a draft CCTS 2.01 DMR to the
    TC for review.

       Pending.

UBL 2.0 NDR IMPLEMENTATION GUIDE WIKI

    ACTION (7/29): JB to edit the formatting of the Extensions
    page.

       Pending.

2010 UBL TC MEETING SCHEDULE

    8-12 February 2010 in Copenhagen, colocated with a PEPPOL
    conference 10-11 February.  TM to chair.

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

    Week of 2009.09.14: Regular schedule
    Week of 2009.09.21: Regular schedule
    Week of 2009.09.28: Regular schedule
    Week of 2009.10.05: Regular schedule
    Week of 2009.10.12: Regular schedule (may cancel Pacific call)
    Week of 2009.10.19: Regular schedule
    Week of 2009.10.26: Regular schedule
    Week of 2009.11.02: Regular schedule
    Week of 2009.11.09: Regular schedule
    Week of 2009.11.16: Regular schedule
    Week of 2009.11.23: Regular schedule (review this)
    Week of 2009.11.30: Regular schedule

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC