ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Proposed addition to 2.1 documented constraints - no schema location hints

I'm not sure these are necessarily issues of UBL per se.
If UBL starts to include such as normative requirements
it looks like meddling or 'nannying' the implementers. It
would be OK if within the mandate (charter?) of UBL's
scope but I don't think UBL's charter offically should
include providing any 'best practice' guidelines for XML
general use for data interchange. Doing so can surely
be done by the same people that produce UBL, as a kind
of 'lessons learned' about use of XML for data interchange
but not as normative statements of requirements to be
part of UBL specs since it is broader than UBL's scope.
Is there anything special about UBL that means it needs
a special implementation of XML? What is the difference
between sending and receiving UBL messages and using
XML in other ways. If it's the sending and receiving itself
(interchange) then that is for a wider audience than UBL
interchange and it should not be that just because it is
UBL being used for that interchange then these perceived
best practices MUST be implemented, whether one agrees
with them or not.

Best regards
---
Stephen D Green