ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 20 October 2009

MINUTES OF ATLANTIC UBL TC MEETING
TUESDAY 20 OCTOBER 2009

ATTENDANCE

    Jon Bosak (chair)
    Tony Coates
    Anne Hendry
    G. Ken Holman
    Zarella Rendon
    Andy Schoka

STANDING ITEMS

    Additions to the calendar:
       http://ubl.xml.org/events

       None.

    No Pacific call minutes this week.

SCHEDULE REVIEW

    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200909/msg00017.html

    Schema generation: We haven't received a submission from PSC yet.

       Process: we think that PSC and TSC will deliver candidate
       spreadsheets to the TC, then the TC will review the changes,
       perform reconciliation in the case that we receive
       conflicting requests, and then effect approved changes in
       eDoCreator.  What we're not clear on is:

        - Who will identify conflicts needing reconciliation?  We
          suspect that collisions will show up when conflicting
          spreadsheets are input to the tool, but this workflow
          does not align with the process above.

        - Who enters the data into the tool?  Is this a bulk import
          from the spreadsheets?

       ACTION: JB to send inquiry to PSC.

    Documentation: status check.

       Time to get started; TM has the interim draft.

       ACTION: JB to ping TM.

UBL 2.0 NAMING AND DESIGN RULES

    NDR PRD2 is hanging because we're not using the latest OASIS
    document templates.

       ACTION: GKH to provide updated DocBook stylesheets by 3
       November.

UBL 2.1 NAMING AND DESIGN RULES

    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200909/msg00030.html

    ACTION: MG and MC to start work on an intial draft of the NDR
    2.1 documentation; MG to send possible meeting times to MC.

       No news.

CVA PUBLIC REVIEW

    The CVA mechanism that we intend to use for UBL 2.1 is out for
    public review:

    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-dev/200910/msg00018.html

    Process for Freightwise code list requirements: The question in
    each case is whether the additions requested are generic enough
    to be included in the default phase 2 code list value
    validation or peculiar to the FW application, in which case
    they should be included in the FW customization.  In mechanical
    terms, this means that the TC decides whether to populate one
    or more of the empty lists or leave them as placeholders.  So
    the process is: request from TSC to populate (or augment)
    specific code lists; consideration by TC; if approved, to TonyC
    for changes to the code lists and to GKH for changes to the CVA
    file.

CCTS 2.01 DMR

    ACTION (6/30): TM to circulate a draft CCTS 2.01 DMR to the
    TC for review.

       Pending.

UBL 2.0 NDR IMPLEMENTATION GUIDE WIKI

    ACTION (7/29): JB to edit the formatting of the Extensions
    page:

    http://wiki.oasis-open.org/ubl/NDR_2.0_Implementation_Guide

       Done.

2010 UBL TC MEETING SCHEDULE

    8-12 February 2010 in Copenhagen, colocated with a PEPPOL
    conference 10-11 February.  TM to chair.

    (Preliminary) 9-13 August 2010 (the week following Balisage
    2010) in Montreal or Ithaca.

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

    Week of 2009.10.26: Regular schedule *** note time changes ***
    Week of 2009.11.02: Regular schedule *** note more time changes ***
    Week of 2009.11.09: Regular schedule
    Week of 2009.11.16: Regular schedule
    Week of 2009.11.23: Regular schedule (may cancel this, depending)
    Week of 2009.11.30: Regular schedule

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC