ubl message

Subject: Re: Making references

If I understood correctly you suggest:
- to not put any constraint on ext:UBLExtensions/ext:UBLExtension/cbc:ID
- to add a new e.g. "sig" namespace and a Signature element containing a cbc:ID = cac:Signature/cbc:ID

This way the eventual ID in ds:Signature, the eventual cbc:ID in ext:UBLExtensions/ext:UBLExtension/cbc:ID are not constrained and implementors can use them with their original meaning.
At this point we can also add some useful property to sig:Signature (this is under our control) for possibly different signature content we can support in future such as detached CMS/CAdES, detached XAdES and so on. We could add a content-type to specify the mime type of the signature and its encoding to support binary signatures.
On the other hand we are adding some complexity... It's not clear to me at the moment if the added complexity balances the advantages.

Andrea