ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 5 January 2010

At 2010-01-06 15:34 -0500, Jon Bosak wrote:
>G. Ken Holman wrote:
>>Due to the extent of schema changes between 2.0 and 2.1 there
>>cannot be a check against the 2.0 NDR document until the NDRs
>>are updated with the 2.1 reality.  The 2.1 reality won't be
>>known until the end of the debugging process.
>
>I was assuming that the "2.1 reality" is what's expressed in the
>2.1 checklist modulo changes you are in the process of testing.
>Can't we use QoD to check everything in the NDR except those items
>undergoing testing?  There are a lot of other rules (including
>almost all of the 2.0 rules) that aren't changing at all.

Granted.  I'll accept that.  I didn't want the impression left,
however, that QoD would be complete because the experimental changes
are not yet complete.

>>Are the issues from Oriol limited to his parallel schema generation
>>process kicking out integrity errors from the spreadsheet, or are
>>there other issues to be addressed?
>
>I don't know of other issues at this time.

Good to know ... thanks.

>>>    UBL 2.1 NAMING AND DESIGN RULES
>>>
>>>       On hold till after F2F in Copenhagen.
>>And because of this, I believe the QoD measurements cannot be made
>>at any time until this item is completed.
>
>The thing that's on hold is the 2.1 NDR documentation, not the
>rules themselves.  We determined the rules in Montreal.  I believe
>that the only 2.1 rules not known at this time are the ones that
>would be affected by the changes you're currently testing.

Excellent.  Then QoD will be more useful than I had thought.  I look
forward to Betty's feedback.

Thanks, Jon.

--
UBL and Code List training:      Copenhagen, Denmark 2010-02-08/10
XSLT/XQuery/XPath training after http://XMLPrague.cz 2010-03-15/19