ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Mismatched DEN and data type qualification

At 2010-05-17 13:13 -0400, I wrote:
>I've tripped over another inconsistency in the models, but I'm
>having trouble expressing the rule in such a way that I can
>programmatically find any more of these that I haven't tripped over.

I've figured out a couple of programmatic tests:

(1)  a name component must not have any extra spaces in them
(typically a space at the end), checking these name components
(should others be checked?):

<xsl:variable name="c:nameColumns"
               select="'PropertyTermQualifier',
                       'PropertyTermPossessiveNoun',
                       'PropertyTermPrimaryNoun',
                       'PropertyTerm',
                       'RepresentationTerm',
                       'DataTypeQualifier',
                       'DataType'"/>

(2)  all BIEs that have the identical UBL name value should be
comprised of the identical name components (is this too stringent?)

I've found 25 examples where rule (1) is violated, and 34 examples
where rule (2) is violated.

In the revised report below, I list for (1) all name components that
have superfluous spaces in the indicated name component.

I list for (2) all dictionary entry names of those BIEs with the same
UBL name but different name components.  I've marked with "**" each
DEN whose name components are different than the first DEN (which
doesn't indicate which one is correct, only the ones that are
different).  For some it is obvious which single entry has the
problem, but for others it isn't obvious because many are different.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or if you can think of
refinements for these tests.  For example, is (2) too stringent?

Thanks!

. . . . . . . . . . . Ken

Missing old DENs in new model: 3
Consignment. Transport_ Contract. Contract
Despatch Advice. Document Status Code. Code
Package. Goods Item

Bad name components: 25
"Consignment. Animal _ Food Indicator.
Indicator":  PropertyTermQualifier "Animal ":
"External Reference. Character Set Code.
Code":  PropertyTermPossessiveNoun "Character Set ":
"External Reference. Hash Algorithm Method.
Text":  PropertyTermPossessiveNoun "Hash Algorithm ":
"Hazardous Item. Hazardous Category Code.
Code":  PropertyTermPossessiveNoun "Hazardous Category ":
"Meter Reading. Previous _ Meter Quantity.
Quantity":  PropertyTermQualifier "Previous ":
"Meter. Meter Constant. Text":  PropertyTermPossessiveNoun "Meter ":
"Pickup. Actual _ Pickup Date. Date":  PropertyTermQualifier "Actual ":
"Pickup. Actual _ Pickup Time. Time":  PropertyTermQualifier "Actual ":
"Pickup. Latest _ Pickup Date. Date":  PropertyTermQualifier "Latest ":
"Pickup. Latest _ Pickup Time. Time":  PropertyTermQualifier "Latest ":
"Result Of Verification. Result Code.
Code":  PropertyTermPossessiveNoun "Result ":
"Result Of Verification. Validate _ Process.
Text":  PropertyTermQualifier "Validate ":
"Result Of Verification. Validate _ Tool Version.
Text":  PropertyTermQualifier "Validate ":
"Result Of Verification. Validate _ Tool.
Text":  PropertyTermQualifier "Validate ":
"Result Of Verification. Validation _ Date.
Date":  PropertyTermQualifier "Validation ":
"Result Of Verification. Validation _ Time.
Time":  PropertyTermQualifier "Validation ":
"Service Provider Party. Service Type . Text":  PropertyTerm "Service Type ":
"Tender Preparation. Tender _ Envelope Type Code.
Code":  PropertyTermQualifier "Tender ":
"Tenderer Requirement. Tenderer Requirement _ Type Code.
Code":  PropertyTermQualifier "Tenderer Requirement ":
"Tendering Process. Original_ Contracting System .
Identifier":  PropertyTerm "Contracting System ":
"Tendering Terms. Funding_ Program Code.
Code":  PropertyTermPossessiveNoun "Program ":
"Tendering Terms. Variant _ Constraint.
Indicator":  PropertyTermQualifier "Variant ":
"Transportation Service. Transportation Service Description.
Text":  PropertyTermPossessiveNoun "Transportation Service ":
"Utility Statement. Accounting Cost . Text":  PropertyTerm "Accounting Cost ":
"Utility Statement. Extended _ Telecommunications Supply.
Telecommunications Supply":  PropertyTermQualifier "Extended ":

Mismatched name components for UBL Name: 34
"VersionID": inconsistent naming components (11)
   Application Response. Version Identifier. Identifier
   Catalogue. Version. Identifier **
   Catalogue Deletion. Version. Identifier **
   Catalogue Item Specification Update. Version. Identifier **
   Catalogue Pricing Update. Version. Identifier **
   Certificate Of Origin. Version Identifier. Identifier
   Exception Criteria. Version Identifier. Identifier
   Forecast. Version Identifier. Identifier
   Packing List. Version Identifier. Identifier
   Catalogue Reference. Version. Identifier **
   Classification Scheme. Version. Identifier **
"CopyIndicator": inconsistent naming components (46)
   Awarded Notification. Copy_ Indicator. Indicator
   Call For Tenders. Copy_ Indicator. Indicator
   Contract Award Notice. Copy_ Indicator. Indicator
   Contract Notice. Copy_ Indicator. Indicator
   Credit Note. Copy_ Indicator. Indicator
   Debit Note. Copy_ Indicator. Indicator
   Despatch Advice. Copy_ Indicator. Indicator
   Document Status . Copy_ Indicator. Indicator
   Document Status Request. Copy_ Indicator. Indicator
   Exception Criteria. Copy_ Indicator. Indicator
   Exception Notification. Copy_ Indicator. Indicator
   Forecast. Copy_ Indicator. Indicator
   Forecast Revision. Copy_ Indicator. Indicator
   Freight Invoice. Copy_ Indicator. Indicator
   Guarantee Certificate. Copy_ Indicator. Indicator
   Instruction For Returns. Copy_ Indicator. Indicator
   Inventory Report. Copy_ Indicator. Indicator
   Invoice. Copy_ Indicator. Indicator
   Item Information Request. Copy_ Indicator. Indicator
   Order. Copy_ Indicator. Indicator
   Order Cancellation. Copy_ Indicator. Indicator
   Order Change. Copy_ Indicator. Indicator
   Order Response. Copy_ Indicator. Indicator
   Order Response Simple. Copy_ Indicator. Indicator
   Performance History. Copy_ Indicator. Indicator
   Prior Information Notice. Copy_ Indicator. Indicator
   Product Activity. Copy_ Indicator. Indicator
   Quotation. Copy_ Indicator. Indicator
   Receipt Advice. Copy_ Indicator. Indicator
   Reminder. Copy_ Indicator. Indicator
   Remittance Advice. Copy_ Indicator. Indicator
   Request For Quotation. Copy_ Indicator. Indicator
   Retail Event. Copy_ Indicator. Indicator
   Self Billed Credit Note. Copy_ Indicator. Indicator
   Self Billed Invoice. Copy_ Indicator. Indicator
   Statement. Copy_ Indicator. Indicator
   Stock Availability Report. Copy_ Indicator. Indicator
   Tender. Copy_ Indicator. Indicator
   Tenderer Qualification. Copy_ Indicator. Indicator
   Tenderer Qualification Response. Copy_ Indicator. Indicator
   Tender Receipt. Copy_ Indicator. Indicator
   Trade Item Location Profile. Copy_ Indicator. Indicator
   Unawarded Notification. Copy_ Indicator. Indicator
   Utility Statement. Copy Indicator. Indicator **
   Document Reference. Copy_ Indicator. Indicator
   Order Reference. Copy_ Indicator. Indicator
"Name": inconsistent naming components (33)
   Bill Of Lading. Name
   Catalogue. Name
   Catalogue Deletion. Name
   Catalogue Item Specification Update. Name
   Catalogue Pricing Update. Name
   Catalogue Request. Name
   Forwarding Instructions. Name
   Packing List. Name
   Transportation Status. Name
   Waybill. Name
   Activity Property. Name
   Branch. Name
   Classification Category. Name
   Classification Scheme. Name
   Contact. Name
   Contract Execution Requirement. Name. Text **
   Corporate Registration Scheme. Name
   Country. Name
   Declaration. Name. Text **
   Evidence. Name. Text **
   Financial Account. Name
   Financial Institution. Name
   Item. Name
   Item Property. Name
   Item Property Group. Name
   Language. Name
   Party Name. Name
   Procurement Project. Name
   Regulation. Name. Text **
   Tax Category. Name
   Tax Scheme. Name
   Tender Requirement. Name. Text **
   Tenderer Requirement. Name. Text **
"DocumentStatusCode": inconsistent naming components (4)
   Bill Of Lading. Document Status Code. Code
   Despatch Advice. Document Status. Code **
   Forwarding Instructions. Document Status Code. Code
   Receipt Advice. Document Status Code. Code
"DocumentCurrencyCode": inconsistent naming components (16)
   Credit Note. Document_ Currency Code. Code
   Debit Note. Document_ Currency Code. Code
   Freight Invoice. Document_ Currency Code. Code
   Inventory Report. Document_ Currency Code. Code
   Invoice. Document_ Currency Code. Code
   Order. Document_ Currency Code. Code
   Order Change. Document_ Currency Code. Code
   Order Response. Document_ Currency Code. Code
   Product Activity. Document_ Currency Code. Code
   Reminder. Document_ Currency Code. Code
   Remittance Advice. Document_ Currency Code. Code
   Self Billed Credit Note. Document_ Currency Code. Code
   Self Billed Invoice. Document_ Currency Code. Code
   Statement. Document_ Currency Code. Code
   Stock Availability Report. Document_ Currency Code. Code
   Utility Statement. Document_ Currency Code. Code **
"AccountingCost": inconsistent naming components (18)
   Credit Note. Accounting Cost. Text
   Debit Note. Accounting Cost. Text
   Freight Invoice. Accounting Cost. Text
   Invoice. Accounting Cost. Text
   Order. Accounting Cost. Text
   Order Change. Accounting Cost. Text
   Order Response. Accounting Cost. Text
   Order Response Simple. Accounting Cost. Text
   Reminder. Accounting Cost. Text
   Self Billed Credit Note. Accounting Cost. Text
   Self Billed Invoice. Accounting Cost. Text
   Utility Statement. Accounting Cost . Text **
   Allowance Charge. Accounting Cost. Text
   Credit Note Line. Accounting Cost. Text
   Debit Note Line. Accounting Cost. Text
   Invoice Line. Accounting Cost. Text
   Line Item. Accounting Cost. Text
   Reminder Line. Accounting Cost. Text
"ForecastPurposeCode": inconsistent naming components (3)
   Forecast. Forecast_ Purpose Code. Code
   Forecast Exception Criteria Line. Forecast Purpose Code. Code **
   Retail Planned Impact. Forecast Purpose Code. Code **
"SequenceNumberID": inconsistent naming components (3)
   Forecast Revision. Sequence_ Number. Identifier
   Order Change. Sequence_ Number. Identifier
   Goods Item. Sequence Number. Identifier **
"GuaranteeTypeCode": inconsistent naming components (2)
   Guarantee Certificate. Guarantee Type. Code
   Financial Guarantee. Guarantee Type Code. Code **
"SalesOrderID": inconsistent naming components (5)
   Order. Sales Order Identifier. Identifier
   Order Change. Sales Order Identifier. Identifier
   Order Response. Sales Order Identifier. Identifier
   Line Item. Sales_ Order Identifier. Identifier **
   Order Reference. Sales Order Identifier. Identifier
"CustomerReference": inconsistent naming components (5)
   Order. Customer Reference. Text
   Order Change. Customer Reference. Text
   Order Response. Customer Reference. Text
   Order Response Simple. Customer_ Reference. Text **
   Order Reference. Customer_ Reference. Text **
"GrossWeightMeasure": inconsistent naming components (5)
   Order Response. Gross_ Weight. Measure
   Consignment. Gross_ Weight. Measure
   Goods Item. Gross_ Weight. Measure
   Shipment. Gross_ Weight. Measure
   Transport Equipment. Gross Weight_ Measure. Measure **
"GrossVolumeMeasure": inconsistent naming components (5)
   Order Response. Gross_ Volume. Measure
   Consignment. Gross_ Volume. Measure
   Goods Item. Gross_ Volume. Measure
   Shipment. Gross_ Volume. Measure
   Transport Equipment. Gross Volume_ Measure. Measure **
"SupplyChainActivityTypeCode": inconsistent naming components (4)
   Activity Data Line. Supply Chain_ Activity Type Code. Code
   Exception Criteria Line. Supply Chain Activity Type Code. Code **
   Exception Notification Line. Supply Chain Activity Type Code. Code **
   Item Information Request Line. Supply Chain Activity Type Code. Code **
"MinimumQuantity": inconsistent naming components (6)
   Awarding Criteria. Minimum. Quantity
   Delivery. Minimum_ Quantity. Quantity **
   Economic Operator Short List. Minimum. Quantity
   Item Location Quantity. Minimum_ Quantity. Quantity **
   Line Item. Minimum_ Quantity. Quantity **
   Request For Tender Line. Minimum_ Quantity. Quantity **
"MaximumQuantity": inconsistent naming components (6)
   Awarding Criteria. Maximum. Quantity
   Delivery. Maximum_ Quantity. Quantity **
   Economic Operator Short List. Maximum. Quantity
   Item Location Quantity. Maximum_ Quantity. Quantity **
   Line Item. Maximum_ Quantity. Quantity **
   Request For Tender Line. Maximum_ Quantity. Quantity **
"TotalAmount": inconsistent naming components (3)
   Budget Account Line. Total_ Amount. Amount
   Budget Amount. Total. Amount **
   Telecommunications Supply. Total Amount. Amount **
"TaxExclusiveAmount": inconsistent naming components (2)
   Budget Amount. Tax Exclusive. Amount
   Monetary Total. Tax Exclusive Amount. Amount **
"SequenceID": inconsistent naming components (2)
   Consignment. Sequence Identifier. Identifier
   Status. Sequence. Identifier **
"ShippingPriorityLevelCode": inconsistent naming components (2)
   Consignment. Shipping Priority Level. Code
   Shipment. Shipping Priority Level Code. Code **
"ConsignmentQuantity": inconsistent naming components (2)
   Consignment. Consignment_ Quantity. Quantity
   Shipment. Consignment Quantity. Quantity **
"InvoicedQuantity": inconsistent naming components (2)
   Consumption Line. Invoiced Quantity. Quantity
   Invoice Line. Invoiced_ Quantity. Quantity **
"LineExtensionAmount": inconsistent naming components (9)
   Consumption Line. Line Extension_ Amount. Amount
   Credit Note Line. Line Extension Amount. Amount **
   Debit Note Line. Line Extension Amount. Amount **
   Invoice Line. Line Extension Amount. Amount **
   Line Item. Line Extension Amount. Amount **
   Monetary Total. Line Extension Amount. Amount **
   Quotation Line. Line Extension Amount. Amount **
   Telecommunications Supply Line. Line Extension Amount. Amount **
   Tender Line. Line Extension Amount. Amount **
"DeliveredQuantity": inconsistent naming components (2)
   Despatch Line. Delivered_ Quantity. Quantity
   Meter Reading. Delivered Quantity. Quantity **
"OversupplyQuantity": inconsistent naming components (2)
   Despatch Line. Oversupply_ Quantity. Quantity
   Receipt Line. Oversupply Quantity. Quantity **
"ThresholdQuantity": inconsistent naming components (2)
   Evaluation Criteria. Threshold. Quantity
   Exception Criteria Line. Threshold Quantity. Quantity **
"PackSizeNumeric": inconsistent naming components (2)
   Item. Pack Size. Numeric
   Utility Item. Pack_ Size Numeric. Text **
"PriceAmount": inconsistent naming components (2)
   Item Comparison. Price. Amount
   Price. Price Amount. Amount **
"StartDate": inconsistent naming components (2)
   Period. Start Date. Date
   Tender Result. Start. Date **
"ProcurementProjectLotID": inconsistent naming components (3)
   Qualification Resolution. Procurement Project Lot Identifier. Identifier
   Tender Preparation. Procurement Project Lot Identifier. Identifier
   Tendered Project. Procurement Project Lot. Identifier **
"ValidatorID": inconsistent naming components (2)
   Result Of Verification. Validator. Identifier
   Signature. Validator Identifier. Identifier **
"ResultCode": inconsistent naming components (2)
   Result Of Verification. Result Code. Code
   Tender Result. Result. Code **
"ValidationDate": inconsistent naming components (2)
   Result Of Verification. Validation _ Date. Date
   Signature. Validation Date. Date **
"ValidationTime": inconsistent naming components (2)
   Result Of Verification. Validation _ Time. Time
   Signature. Validation Time. Time **

Missing old Data Type Qualifications in new model: 2
"Despatch Advice. Document Status Code. Code" old="Document Status" new=""
"Status. Condition Code. Code" old="Transportation Status" new=""

Missing new Data Type Qualifications in new data types: 0

Cardinalities found in error: 5
"Catalogue Deletion. Effective Date. Date" old= 0 new= 1
"Consignment. Transport_ Contract. Contract" old= 0..1 new=
"Despatch Advice. Document Status Code. Code" old= 0..1 new=
"Package. Goods Item" old= 0..n new=
"Request For Quotation. Submission Due Date. Date" old= 0 new= 1

Sequences found in error: 3
"Consignment":
   Old order:
    1 Consignment. Details
    2 Consignment. Identifier
    3 Consignment. Summary_ Description. Text
    4 Consignment. Total_ Invoice Amount. Amount
    5 Consignment. Declared Customs_ Value. Amount
    6 Consignment. Tariff Description. Text
    7 Consignment. Tariff Code. Code
    8 Consignment. Insurance Premium Amount. Amount
    9 Consignment. Gross_ Weight. Measure
    10 Consignment. Net_ Weight. Measure
    11 Consignment. Net Net_ Weight. Measure
    12 Consignment. Chargeable_ Weight. Measure
    13 Consignment. Gross_ Volume. Measure
    14 Consignment. Net_ Volume. Measure
    15 Consignment. Loading_ Length. Measure
    16 Consignment. Remarks. Text
    17 Consignment. Hazardous Risk_ Indicator. Indicator
    18 Consignment. Consignee_ Party. Party
    19 Consignment. Exporter_ Party. Party
    20 Consignment. Consignor_ Party. Party
    21 Consignment. Importer_ Party. Party
    22 Consignment. Carrier_ Party. Party
    23 Consignment. Freight Forwarder_ Party. Party
    24 Consignment. Notify_ Party. Party
    25 Consignment. Original Despatch_ Party. Party
    26 Consignment. Final Delivery_ Party. Party
    27 Consignment. Original Departure_ Country. Country
    28 Consignment. Final Destination_ Country. Country
    29 Consignment. Transit_ Country. Country
   *30 Consignment. Transport_ Contract. Contract
   *31 Consignment. Original Despatch_ Transportation Service.
Transportation Service
   *32 Consignment. Final Delivery_ Transportation Service.
Transportation Service
   *33 Consignment. Delivery Terms
   *34 Consignment. Payment Terms
   *35 Consignment. Freight_ Allowance Charge. Allowance Charge

   New order (not including newly-introduced optional constructs):
[...]
   *30 Consignment. Original Despatch_ Transportation Service.
Transportation Service
   *31 Consignment. Final Delivery_ Transportation Service.
Transportation Service
   *32 Consignment. Delivery Terms
   *33 Consignment. Payment Terms
   *34 Consignment. Freight_ Allowance Charge. Allowance Charge

"Despatch Advice":
   Old order:
    1 Despatch Advice. Details
    2 Despatch Advice. UBL Version Identifier. Identifier
    3 Despatch Advice. Customization Identifier. Identifier
    4 Despatch Advice. Profile Identifier. Identifier
    5 Despatch Advice. Identifier
    6 Despatch Advice. Copy_ Indicator. Indicator
    7 Despatch Advice. UUID. Identifier
    8 Despatch Advice. Issue Date. Date
    9 Despatch Advice. Issue Time. Time
   *10 Despatch Advice. Document Status Code. Code
   *11 Despatch Advice. Despatch Advice Type Code. Code
   *12 Despatch Advice. Note. Text
   *13 Despatch Advice. Line Count. Numeric
   *14 Despatch Advice. Order Reference
   *15 Despatch Advice. Additional_ Document Reference. Document Reference
   *16 Despatch Advice. Signature
   *17 Despatch Advice. Despatch_ Supplier Party. Supplier Party
   *18 Despatch Advice. Delivery_ Customer Party. Customer Party
   *19 Despatch Advice. Buyer_ Customer Party. Customer Party
   *20 Despatch Advice. Seller_ Supplier Party. Supplier Party
   *21 Despatch Advice. Originator_ Customer Party. Customer Party
   *22 Despatch Advice. Shipment
   *23 Despatch Advice. Despatch Line

   New order (not including newly-introduced optional constructs):
    1 Despatch Advice. Details
    2 Despatch Advice. UBL Version Identifier. Identifier
    3 Despatch Advice. Customization Identifier. Identifier
    4 Despatch Advice. Profile Identifier. Identifier
    5 Despatch Advice. Identifier
    6 Despatch Advice. Copy_ Indicator. Indicator
    7 Despatch Advice. UUID. Identifier
    8 Despatch Advice. Issue Date. Date
    9 Despatch Advice. Issue Time. Time
   *10 Despatch Advice. Despatch Advice Type Code. Code
   *11 Despatch Advice. Note. Text
   *12 Despatch Advice. Line Count. Numeric
   *13 Despatch Advice. Order Reference
   *14 Despatch Advice. Additional_ Document Reference. Document Reference
   *15 Despatch Advice. Signature
   *16 Despatch Advice. Despatch_ Supplier Party. Supplier Party
   *17 Despatch Advice. Delivery_ Customer Party. Customer Party
   *18 Despatch Advice. Buyer_ Customer Party. Customer Party
   *19 Despatch Advice. Seller_ Supplier Party. Supplier Party
   *20 Despatch Advice. Originator_ Customer Party. Customer Party
   *21 Despatch Advice. Shipment
   *22 Despatch Advice. Despatch Line

"Package":
   Old order:
    1 Package. Details
    2 Package. Identifier
    3 Package. Quantity
    4 Package. Returnable Material_ Indicator. Indicator
    5 Package. Package Level Code. Code
    6 Package. Packaging Type Code. Code
    7 Package. Packing Material. Text
    8 Package. Contained_ Package. Package
   *9 Package. Goods Item
   *10 Package. Measurement_ Dimension. Dimension
   *11 Package. Delivery Unit

   New order (not including newly-introduced optional constructs):
    1 Package. Details
    2 Package. Identifier
    3 Package. Quantity
    4 Package. Returnable Material_ Indicator. Indicator
    5 Package. Package Level Code. Code
    6 Package. Packaging Type Code. Code
    7 Package. Packing Material. Text
    8 Package. Contained_ Package. Package
   *9 Package. Measurement_ Dimension. Dimension
   *10 Package. Delivery Unit

--
XSLT/XQuery training:   after http://XMLPrague.cz 2011-03-28/04-01
Vote for your XML training:   http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/i/