ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 30 June 2010

MINUTES OF ATLANTIC UBL TC MEETING
WEDNESDAY 30 JUNE 2010

ATTENDANCE

    Kenneth Bengtsson
    Peter Borresen
    Jon Bosak (chair)
    Tony Coates
    G. Ken Holman
    Andy Schoka

STANDING ITEMS

    Additions to the calendar:
       http://ubl.xml.org/events

       None.

    Review of Pacific call minutes

       No callers this week (thanks to GKH for chairing).

UBL 2.1 MODELS & SCHEMAS

    See

    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201006/msg00033.html

    Discussion revealed that both issues are likely due to errors
    in the spreadsheets and that there are probably no real policy
    questions to be decided here.

       ACTION: PLB to take to the harmonization/resolution team.
       We note that these fixes need to be made before we can
       release the schema set.

UBL 2.1 DOCUMENTATION

    JB: Making steady progress; the editorial process has turned up
    a number of details to deal with.  For future reference: one
    way to get hi-res bitmaps out of Enterprise Architect (and
    probably most other UML tools) is to export them as PDFs and
    then do the rasterization (etc.) in Photoshop.

    Current status:

       CPFR (contact: Fulya)

          Ready for internal review.

       VMI (contact: Arianna)

          Ready for internal review.

       eTendering (contact: Oriol)

          Waiting for answer from TM regarding issue of two table
          entries

          Have received revised prose (6/9/2010 4:37 AM)

             To do: editorial review

          Have received revised .dia files for illustrations
          (6/9/2010 4:37 AM)

             To do: review new translations; generate bitmaps and include
             in text

       Freight management (contact: Andy)

          Waiting for input.

       Other stuff that also needs to be done:

          Get originals for the remaining process diagrams in order
          to create better bitmaps

          Review and modify the schema assembly diagrams as first
          noted in Montreal

          Review CVA descriptions

          Check and revise the val description

UBL 2 XADES PROFILE

    Current plan is to mock up some examples using our sample
    instances and then ask for volunteers to test on ubl-dev.
    Currently waiting on Andrea for mockups.

NDR CHECK (NIST TOOL)

    No news this week.

NDR 2.1

    Tracking item: we will have to review the NDR 2.1 checklist to
    look for possible differences between the present rules and the
    ones arrived at in Montreal.

UBL 2.0 IDD VOL. 2 (PORTUGUESE)

    KB: Spoke with Jose last week.  He is working on the rest of
    the translations, but the work is going slowly due to other
    responsibilities.  We need someone to review the translations
    completed so far to make sure that Jose is modifying the
    spreadsheets correctly.

       ACTION: JB to ask Roberto if he could help with the
       structural review.

2010 UBL TC F2F MEETING SCHEDULE

    9-13 August 2010 (the week following Balisage 2010) in
    Montreal: http://www.balisage.net/

       IMPORTANT: From Pacific call minutes:

          "GKH: Have arranged for a block of five rooms to be held
          at the conference rate (CAD 109!).  People intending to
          be at the Montreal meeting should reserve rooms now by
          calling François at 514 861 8805.  NOTE that the hotel
          knows our meeting as the 'second week Balisage meeting,'
          so all references should be to this rather than to UBL."

       IMPORTANT: The Balisage conference room block is held only
       to 1 July!  Ours is in a separate block (we think), but
       anyone planning to attend should make reservations
       immediately, especially if planning to arrive early -- the
       hotel may sell out for Balisage.

       AGENDA: Shifting as our schedule slips, but will still be
       devoted largely to resolving issues from early PRD1
       feedback.  Known participants: JB, GKH, MC, possibly AS;
       others by phone.

    February 2011: A meeting in Lima is under discussion.

       The Peruvian Internal Revenue Service has confirmed
       their willingness to host the UBL TC meeting and UBL
       International conference in Lima.  We need to formally
       decide on this and set dates.

          ACTION (6/16): KB to circulate some initial ideas for
          further discussion.

    May 2011: Meeting in Ankara under discussion.  Initial response
    is positive, but we need to work on the details.

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

    Week of 2010.07.05 Regular schedule
    Week of 2010.07.12 Regular schedule
    Week of 2010.07.19 Regular schedule
    Week of 2010.07.26 Regular schedule
    Week of 2010.08.02 >>> NO MEETINGS <<<
    Week of 2010.08.09 TC MEETING IN MONTREAL
    Week of 2010.08.16 >>> NO MEETINGS <<<

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC

TRACKING ITEMS

    UBL 2.0 NDR IMPLEMENTATION GUIDE WIKI

       http://wiki.oasis-open.org/ubl/NDR_2.0_Implementation_Guide

    CCTS 2.01 DMR

       ACTION (6/30): TM to circulate a draft CCTS 2.01 DMR to the
       TC for review.

       Pending.