ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 28 July 2010

MINUTES OF ATLANTIC UBL TC MEETING
WEDNESDAY 28 JULY 2010

ATTENDANCE

    Jon Bosak (chair)
    Betty Harvey
    Anne Hendry
    G. Ken Holman
    Zarella Rendon
    Andy Schoka

STANDING ITEMS

    Additions to the calendar:
       http://ubl.xml.org/events

       None.

    Review of Pacific call minutes

       No comments.

UBL 2.1 MODELS & SCHEMAS

    GKH has posted a release candidate:

    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201007/msg00043.html

    which references

    http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=38804

       AGREED that this set of schemas is final unless a
       showstopper is found by the meeting in Montreal.

       NOTED that the message from GKH includes a list of DEN
       changes that will need to be documented in the 2.1 release.

UBL 2.1 DOCUMENTATION

    JB: Unchanged; we will be picking this up and completing it in
    Montreal.  TM has been contacted and will arrange production of
    UML diagrams now that the schemas are frozen.  We should have
    all the pieces in place by the time we arrive in Montreal.

UBL 2 XADES PROFILE

    No news this week.

NDR CHECK (NIST TOOL)

    BH: Have run initial tests: getting some false positives, and
    perhaps some real problems, but need to analyze more.  Naming
    is hard to write rules about.  Most of the tests run without
    problems.  Note that the rules built into the tool are still
    from UBL 2.0.

    JB: Any real problems will be addressed in PRD2.

       ACTION: JB to contact BH with any NDR updates found during
       review in Montreal.

NDR 2.1

    Tracking item: we will have to review the NDR 2.1 checklist to
    look for possible differences between the present rules and the
    ones arrived at in Montreal last year.

    JB: This will be on the Montreal agenda.

       ACTION: BH to send us a list of the NDRs that need further
       explanation in order to write checking rules.

2010 UBL TC F2F MEETING SCHEDULE

    9-13 August 2010 (the week following Balisage 2010) in
    Montreal: http://www.balisage.net/

       To register at the Europa (CAD 109/night): Call François at
       514 861 8805.  NOTE that the hotel knows our meeting as the
       "second week Balisage meeting," so all references should be
       to this rather than to UBL.  NOTE ALSO that we qualify for
       the conference "4 for 3" deal (stay three nights, get the
       fourth free).

       IMPORTANT: Anyone planning to attend should make
       reservations immediately, especially if planning to arrive
       early -- the hotel may sell out for Balisage.

       AGENDA: Producing UBL 2.1 PRD1; also, NDR 2.1 review and
       usability planning.  Known participants: JB, GKH, MC, AS; by
       phone: TM, AH, ZR (Monday plenary), BH (Tuesday morning).

       JB: (recites draft list of agenda items)

       Additions: Review of naming conventions; tutorial on BIEs
       and their relationships.

          AGREED to move the closing plenary to Friday morning in
          order to get participation from Europe and Asia.

          ACTION: JB to produce detailed agenda following this call.

    February 2011: A meeting in Lima is under discussion.

       The Peruvian Internal Revenue Service has confirmed
       their willingness to host the UBL TC meeting and UBL
       International conference in Lima.  We need to formally
       decide on this and set dates.

          ACTION (6/16): KB to circulate some initial ideas for
          further discussion.

             Pending.

       BH: February dates look to be already booked for air travel;
       the few left open are very expensive.

    May 2011: Meeting in Ankara in the planning stages.  We have
    proposed details from Asuman to discuss.

       We discussed the latest message from Asuman and identified
       several points needing further discussion.

          ACTION: JB to forward Asuman's message and our initial
          set of questions to conference organizers TM, GKH, MHB,
          and KB.

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

    See Pacific call minutes for beginnings of schedule planning
    for August and September.  A survey of the people on this call
    turned up the following limitations (all dates are for the
    Atlantic calls):

    8/25 AS not available
    9/01 All OK
    9/08 All OK
    9/15 GKH not available (but OK for Pacific)
    9/22 GKH and AS not available (but AS OK for Pacific)
    9/29 All OK

       AGREED to go ahead and try for all the Wednesdays through
       the end of September, knowing that we may end up canceling
       one or more of them (in particular, the week of 20
       September).  So the schedule through September is:

          Week of 2010.08.02 >>> NO MEETINGS <<<
          Week of 2010.08.09 TC MEETING IN MONTREAL
          Week of 2010.08.16 >>> NO MEETINGS <<<
          Week of 2010.08.23 Regular schedule (missing AS)
          Week of 2010.08.30 Regular schedule
          Week of 2010.09.06 Regular schedule
          Week of 2010.09.13 Regular schedule
          Week of 2010.09.20 Regular schedule (missing GKH)
          Week of 2010.09.27 Regular schedule

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC

TRACKING ITEMS

    UBL 2.0 NDR IMPLEMENTATION GUIDE WIKI

       http://wiki.oasis-open.org/ubl/NDR_2.0_Implementation_Guide

    CCTS 2.01 DMR

       ACTION (2009.06.30): TM to circulate a draft CCTS 2.01 DMR
       to the TC for review.

       Pending.