ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 1 September 2010

MINUTES OF ATLANTIC UBL TC MEETING
WEDNESDAY 1 SEPTEMBER 2010

ATTENDANCE

    Jon Bosak (chair)
    Betty Harvey
    Anne Hendry
    G. Ken Holman
    Andy Schoka

STANDING ITEMS

    Additions to the calendar:
       http://ubl.xml.org/events

       None.

       AS: Attended ISO TC 154 plenary by phone last week.  The TC
       is still looking for a chair.  A letter ballot will be
       circulated to establish a small advisory group to TC 154
       management.  Active committees include UN Layout Key and
       print version of electronic documents.  OASIS is a liaison
       to TC 154.

       JB: Print-enabling UBL documents has been a primary design
       objective from the beginning of this effort, and we have
       developed mappings from UBL documents to the UNLK where we
       have been able to gather input from UNLK experts.  We should
       make clear to TC 154 our desire for their input and guidance
       in implementing their work.

    Review of Pacific call minutes

       No comments other than what appears below.

UBL 2.1 MODELS & SCHEMAS

    See Pacific minutes:

    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201008/msg00027.html

       ACTION: Everyone to review these materials ASAP.

UBL 2 XADES PROFILE

    GKH: The package includes our first standardized UBL extension:
    advanced digital signatures.  In the package proposed for PRD1,
    UBL 2.1 schemas are enabled by default to validate electronic
    signatures according to the ETSI XAdES specification.  The
    extension is backward compatible with 2.0 and thus enables the
    use of UBL 2.0 instances with XAdES digital signatures as well.
    Two different modes of digital signature are supported: one in
    which the signature is final and one that allows additional
    signatures.  We may want to expand these capabilities further
    in PRD2.  There is a new chapter 5 (as yet unreviewed) in the
    documentation describing the XAdES extension; see

    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-security/201008/msg00079.html

    The presentation has been structured to serve an added
    educational purpose in demonstrating how to use the UBL
    extension mechanism.

    AS: Will this extension conflict with other extensions?

    GKH: No, but due to a limitation of W3C Schema, each extension
    will require a separate validation pass.

    JB: Details of the proposed mechanism will need to be looked
    at carefully in public review.  The European Commission has
    made XAdES support a requirement for the legal acceptability of
    electronic documents as replacements for paper documents, so
    omitting this capability from UBL 2.1 is not really an option.

UBL 2.1 DOCUMENTATION

    JB: See Pacific minutes.  Hoping to have another draft this
    time next week.

NDR CHECK (NIST TOOL)

    BH: Still working on it.  Good to have final schemas.

2011 UBL TC F2F MEETING SCHEDULE

    See the section on next year's meeting schedule in the minutes
    of the Montreal TC meeting:

    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201008/msg00026.html

       AGREED to accept the plan arrived at in Montreal for the
       2011 Ankara meeting.

    We note that the meeting in Ankara will replace the summer
    meeting held for the last three years in Montreal.  However,
    this would not preclude a TC work meeting in Ottawa in late
    2011 if a sponsor were found for it.

       ACTION: GKH to check possible Ottawa meeting sponsorship.

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

    We mapped out our telephone meeting schedule for the rest of
    2010 as follows:

    Week of 2010.09.06 Regular schedule
    Week of 2010.09.13 Regular schedule
    Week of 2010.09.20 Regular schedule (missing GKH)
    Week of 2010.09.27 Regular schedule
    Week of 2010.10.04 Regular schedule
    Week of 2010.10.11 Regular schedule (missing GKH on Pacific)
    Week of 2010.10.18 Regular schedule
    Week of 2010.10.25 Regular schedule
    Week of 2010.11.01 Regular schedule (missing AS)
    Week of 2010.11.08 Regular schedule
    Week of 2010.11.15 Regular schedule
    Week of 2010.11.22 >>> NO MEETINGS <<<
    Week of 2010.11.29 Regular schedule
    Week of 2010.12.06 Regular schedule
    Week of 2010.12.13 Regular schedule
    Week of 2010.12.20 >>> NO MEETINGS <<<
    Week of 2010.12.27 >>> NO MEETINGS <<<
    Week of 2011.01.03 Regular schedule

    AGREED to keep the New York time of the Pacific call at 7:30
    p.m. following the return to Standard Time in October.

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC

TRACKING ITEMS

    UBL 2.0 NDR IMPLEMENTATION GUIDE WIKI

       http://wiki.oasis-open.org/ubl/NDR_2.0_Implementation_Guide

    CCTS 2.01 DMR

       ACTION (2009.06.30): TM to circulate a draft CCTS 2.01 DMR
       to the TC for review.

       Pending.