ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Pacific UBL TC call 25 October 2010

MINUTES OF PACIFIC UBL TC MEETING
MONDAY 25 OCTOBER 2010

ATTENDANCE

    Jon Bosak (chair)
    G. Ken Holman

STANDING ITEMS

    Additions to the calendar:
       http://ubl.xml.org/events

       None.

    Review of Atlantic call minutes

       No comments.

UBL 2.1

    GKH: We've discovered that the download file for PRD1 contains
    platform-specific metadata files injected during the editorial
    review now conducted as part of the OASIS publication process.
    OASIS management is working on fixing this.

XAdES PROFILE

    GKH: The Security SC has decided that this is not actually an
    XAdES profile; it's a UBL digital signatures profile that
    accommodates XAdES and any other standardized extension of W3C
    XML Digital Signatures.  See

    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-security/201010/msg00011.html
    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-security/201010/msg00012.html
    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-security/201010/msg00013.html

       ACTION: GKH to edit the text of the profile for review by
       the Security SC.

       AGREED that GKH will use DocBook for the revised profile
       document and generate PDF for use by reviewers (free
       software is available to make comments on the PDF).

       AGREED to include the profile document in the PRD2 package.

       AGREED that GKH should be listed as one of the editors of
       the document.

DIGITAL SIGNATURE TESTING

    GKH has provided a package for testing our digital signature
    approach (embeds digital signatures in UBL documents):

    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-security/201010/msg00010.html

    GKH has confirmed that he can both sign and validate UBL
    documents and is satisfied that the PRD1 approach works as
    designed.  Due to a tool limitation, he cannot yet support
    XAdES requirements, but this is coming; the essential point is
    that we can embed digital signatures.  See the quote cited in
    the message

    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-security/201010/msg00011.html

    JB: Many thanks to GKH for all his hard work on this!

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

    NOTE that Daylight Saving Time ends in Europe next week but NOT
    in North America.  So the UTC times for our calls remain the
    same for one more week.

    Week of 2010.11.01 Regular schedule (missing AS) ** end EU DST **
    Week of 2010.11.08 Regular schedule ** end U.S. Daylight Saving Time **
    Week of 2010.11.15 Regular schedule
    Week of 2010.11.22 >>> NO MEETINGS <<<
    Week of 2010.11.29 Regular schedule
    Week of 2010.12.06 Regular schedule
    Week of 2010.12.13 Regular schedule
    Week of 2010.12.20 >>> NO MEETINGS <<<
    Week of 2010.12.27 >>> NO MEETINGS <<<
    Week of 2011.01.03 Regular schedule

OTHER BUSINESS

    We have scheduled an extended Atlantic TC meeting 3 November to
    discuss issues raised here:

    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201010/msg00000.html

    In preparation for that meeting, it would be very helpful if
    participants could bring working demonstrations of proposed
    alternatives so that we can analyze the details.  In
    particular, it would be very helpful to get a working example
    showing two completely independent extensions in one document
    instance being validated in a single pass against one schema.
    For further discussion in this week's Atlantic call.

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC