ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Pacific UBL TC call 1 November 2010

MINUTES OF PACIFIC UBL TC MEETING
MONDAY 1 NOVEMBER 2010

ATTENDANCE

    Jon Bosak (chair)
    G. Ken Holman

STANDING ITEMS

    Additions to the calendar:
       http://ubl.xml.org/events

       None.

    Review of Atlantic call minutes

       No comments.

UBL 2.1 STATUS

    Nothing new this week.

NDR DISCUSSION

    See http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201010/msg00000.html

    It appears that the extension issue is the big one; we need to
    understand the implications of allowing certain kinds of
    inadvertent bad input to go unrecognized by the validator.  So
    in the Atlantic call work session we'll tackle that one first
    and then address as many of the remaining issues as we have
    time for.

    With regard to the prohibition against xsd:choice, this thread
    bears review:

    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-ndrsc/200401/msg00009.html
    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-ndrsc/200401/msg00010.html
    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-ndrsc/200401/msg00011.html
    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-ndrsc/200401/msg00012.html
    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-ndrsc/200401/msg00013.html
    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-ndrsc/200401/msg00016.html

2011 MEETING SCHEDULE

    GKH: Have started inquiries to Adobe regarding the use of their
    Ottawa facility for a UBL TC meeting in October 2011.  (We used
    this venue for the TC meeting held in August 2005.)

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

    Week of 2010.11.08 Regular schedule ** end U.S. Daylight Saving Time **
    Week of 2010.11.15 Regular schedule
    Week of 2010.11.22 >>> NO MEETINGS <<<
    Week of 2010.11.29 Regular schedule
    Week of 2010.12.06 Regular schedule