ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Minutes of Pacific UBL TC call 14|15 February 2011

At 2011-02-15 10:36 -0500, Jon Bosak wrote:
>MINUTES OF PACIFIC UBL TC MEETING
>TUESDAY 15 FEBRUARY 2011
>LOCATION COORDINATES
>
>    See
>
>    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-psc/201102/msg00000.html
>    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-psc/201102/msg00001.html
>    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-psc/201102/msg00002.html
>    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-psc/201102/msg00003.html
>    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-psc/201102/msg00004.html
>    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-psc/201102/msg00005.html
>    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-psc/201102/msg00006.html
>
>    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-tsc/201102/msg00001.html
>    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-tsc/201102/msg00002.html
>    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-tsc/201102/msg00003.html
>
>    And also
>

>http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/prd1-UBL-2.1/mod/summary/reports/UBL-AllDocuments-2.1.html#Table_LocationCoordinate.Details

And also the use of LocationCoordinate from the Location ABIE:

http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/prd1-UBL-2.1/mod/summary/reports/UBL-AllDocuments-2.1.html#Table_Location.Details

... which has some of the constructs mentioned below.

Remember that because of the file size of the HTML report, clicking
on the above links will appear to pause while the page is being
loaded.  You should only have to wait about five seconds the first
time for one of these links to resolve to the actual row in the
table.  Once cached, other accesses should be much quicker.

>    Points made in the discussion of this topic included the
>    following:
>
>     - The issue was originally raised in August 2009.
>
>     - In UBL 2.0, only Address has location coordinates.  The
>       original use case was delivery to a large factory that has a
>       single street address; the GPS coordinates enable reference
>       to a specific loading dock.
>
>     - All coordinate pairs imply an area of unknown size (consider
>       coordinates given to the nearest minute rather than the
>       nearest second).
>
>     - Multiple coordinate pairs convey some kind of information
>       about a boundary, but it's not clear exactly what kind of
>       information that is; for example:
>
>          Do four pairs of coordinates describe a trapezoid or an
>          hourglass?
>
>          Do three pairs of coordinates describe a circle or a
>          triangle?
>
>          What do two pairs of coordinates describe?
>
>     - As defined in PRD1, SubsidiaryLocation (i.e., a location
>       within a location) is not a specialization of Location; it
>       probably should be.
>
>    AGREED as follows:
>
>    1. An Address can only contain one LocationCoordinate (no
>       change).
>
>    2. Change Location to contain 0..n LocationCoordinates.
>
>    3. Add InformationURI to Location.
>
>    4. Make SubsidiaryLocation an ASBIE to Location, cardinality
>       0..n, and remove the ABIE called SubsidiaryLocation.
>
>    ACTION: TM to send to Arianna for updates in eDoCreator.
>
>    AGREED that the semantic ambiguity attending multiple location
>    coordinates can be resolved through use of the Description and
>    Conditions elements under Location.
>
>    [Note: I did not notice until typing up these minutes that the
>    element named LocationCoordinate actually contains two
>    coordinates, one for latitude and one for longitude.  Each of
>    these is an ordinate, and together they are co-ordinates.
>    Unfortunately, this error goes back to 2.0, so we're stuck with
>    it.]

--
Contact us for world-wide XML consulting & instructor-led training