ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Pacific UBL TC call 21|22 February 2011

MINUTES OF PACIFIC UBL TC MEETING
TUESDAY 22 FEBRUARY 2011

ATTENDANCE

    Jon Bosak (chair)
    G. Ken Holman
    Tim McGrath (vice-chair)
    Sven Rasmussen
    Andy Schoka

STANDING ITEMS

    Additions to the calendar:
       http://ubl.xml.org/events

       AS: Change "UN/CEFACT Forum" to "Global Meeting of Experts
       on Trade Facilitation Recommendations and Electronic
       Business Standards (GME)."  The URL is

       http://web.lmi.org/gme/Welcome.htm

    Review of Atlantic call minutes

       No comments.

UBL 2.1 STATUS

    PSC (TM): Arianna is up to date with PSC issues, and schema
    generation should be ready to go.

    TSC (AS): See last week's report (models close to completion).

    JB: Are PSC and TSC both aware of each other's changes to the
    common library?

    TM/AS: Yes.

    SGTG (GKH): Analysis of first schema snapshot shows some
    problems.  Will post report tomorrow.

    Documentation (JB): First editorial pass through the digital
    signature profile is complete, and questions have been sent to
    the authors.

PRD2 SCHEDULING

    It is now clear that we will not be able to generate final
    schemas in time for SGTG Q/A till GKH returns at the end of
    March.  If everything else is finished by that time, we think
    that we can still get the next public review (PRD2) started in
    early April.  This plan depends on all documentary materials
    being submitted to JB ASAP and his work completed by 26 March.

PRD2 CODE LISTS

    Roberto has posted an Incoterms code list:

    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201102/msg00018.html
    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201102/msg00019.html
    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201102/msg00020.html
    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201102/msg00021.html
    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201102/msg00022.html

       AGREED to leave this code list out of the distribution until
       we clarify copyright issues.

       ACTION: TM to check with ICC.

PRD2 DOC TYPES

    The question of which doctypes will be in PRD2 came up again;
    for our previous understanding, see

    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-psc/201101/msg00008.html

    It now appears that the 60 business documents defined in PRD1
    will be increased to 62 in PRD2 with the addition of
    GoodsItemItinerary and TransportServiceDescription.  We expect
    CatalogueTemplate and PurchaseConditions to be added in PRD3.

DIGITAL SIGNATURE PROFILE

    We discussed whether to include UBL Digital Signature Profiles
    in the UBL 2.1 distribution (as has been done with some
    UBL-related documents in the past) or to advance it as a
    separate work product.

       AGREED to keep the document in the distribution unless its
       inclusion would delay the release of the whole package.

LOCATION COORDINATES

    TM: TSC is now requesting multiple location coordinates in
    Address (contrary to what we decided last week).

       AGREED (pending review in the Atlantic call) to allow
       multiple location coordinates in Address.

    Regarding the idea of geospatial approaches for PRD3 (see URLs
    in the agenda for this meeting), we concluded that this would
    raise backward compatibility issues, and while we can design a
    workaround for those, the geospatial approach is more general,
    abstract, and sophisticated than what we need for business
    purposes (as opposed to use in emergency response, for
    example), and its adoption would add another layer of
    complexity to the UBL specification.  We reached a similar
    conclusion some time ago with regard to the possibility of
    using the CIQ TC data structure for Address.  Also, adding the
    geospatial model would introduce data types that are not
    compatible with CCTS.

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

    Week of 2011.02.28 Regular schedule - missing GKH
    Week of 2011.03.07 Regular schedule - missing GKH, AS
    Week of 2011.03.14 Regular schedule - missing GKH
    Week of 2011.03.21 Regular schedule - missing GKH
    Week of 2011.03.28 Regular schedule - missing AS 3/30
    Week of 2011.04.04 Regular schedule
    Week of 2011.04.11 Regular schedule - missing AS
    Week of 2011.04.18 Regular schedule
    Week of 2011.04.25 Regular schedule

OTHER BUSINESS

    ISO TC 154 meeting (GKH/AS): TC 154 is still lacking a chair.
    Two names have been proposed: Arofan Gregory and Klaus-Dieter
    Naujok; the decision will be made by the Secretariat.  A ballot
    calling for formation of a consulting committee has been
    approved.  The only liaison report was from UN/CEFACT; reports
    from TC 204 and OASIS were notable for their absence.  Work is
    beginning on TDED revision.

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC