ubl message

Subject: Issue: two-letter or three-letter language codes?

Hello UBL TC and developers,

A question has arisen with regard to language codes.  It appears that
UN/CEFACT uses the ISO three-letter lowercase language codes, whereas
UBL currently includes a list of ISO two-letter uppercase language codes
(both are ISO standards as far as we know).  We're not going to be
inclined to change something in 2.1 that already shipped in 2.0, so the
question is: does anyone know of a good reason why UBL should switch to
the three-letter lowercase form?

We need to have this issue resolved by next week, so if anyone has an
opinion, please let us know ASAP.

Jon