ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] PRD3 suggestion: sample instances with unconventional namespace prefixes

>>2) by relying on automatic prefixes (n1, n2, nx, ...) generated by tools
>>it is really risky.

>Oh?  It shouldn't be risky in any manner whatsoever.  But I'm not
>sure what you mean by "relying on automatic prefixes".

What I meant to say is that using JAXB the use of automatic generated
prefixes is discouraged if an xsd:Any element is involved in the
marshalling/unmarshalling.

Let's say we have a SOAP envelope (outer) and a payload (inner):

If I put a payload with a default namespace inside an xsd:Any element with
processing "lax" or even "skip", JAXB will add namespaces to the payload
using generated prefixes (n1, n2,...) which is really undesired.

This bad behaviour produces even duplicated namespace prefixes (same
prefix with different namespace uri) if either the SOAP envelope and the
payload have been marshalled with JAXB and by relying on generated
prefixes.

Under this situation it takes to tell JAXB using specific namespace prefixes.

This is just to say that generated prefixes are ok, but their usage is
just providing confusion to both humans and machines :)

Cheers,

Roberto

--
* JAVEST by Roberto Cisternino