ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Completed UBL NDR 2.1 XSD schema and CVA generation environment

Fellow UBL TC members,

I have posted a major rewrite of the schema generation environment here:

   http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/resources/ubl/#gc2ublndr

This environment will be used by me to create the distribution UBL 2.1 schemas as a quality assurance test for the schemas that are created by eDoCreator. It also creates the signature extension schemas that will be in the next distribution. These extension schemas are modeled by spreadsheets that will also be included in the next distribution.

Non-UBL projects who are considering adopting the in-development UBL 2.1 NDR will find this environment useful for creating the base set of schema fragments for their document suite from their document models.

With many thanks to Stephen Green for the direction, the environment also has been modified to create user-defined document extensions and user-defined additional documents from user-defined models of their business information entities.

The running demonstration in the environment creates a document extension of a timesheet addition that might be suitable for an invoicing scenario, and an arbitrary additional document of test constructs illustrating the shared use of the common library. It also happens to completely recreate the UBL 2.1 PRD2 suite of document and common business information entity schemas. The environment runs on either a Windows, Linux, BSD or other Unix platform.

Any user wishing to augment their standard UBL documents with non-standard extensions should find this environment very helpful in synthesizing the schema validation constructs they need.

Any user wishing to create their own documents for their environments to use in conjunction with UBL documents should find this environment very helpful for the same reasons.

Proposers who bring new documents to the UBL Technical Committee for championing in a future revision of UBL will also find the modeling and schema generation for additional documents useful to create and test prototypes.

I look forward to feedback from all users of UBL and UBL NDR who use this environment for their purposes. It works for everything I need to do in my committee responsibilities, but I'm so close to it that I cannot tell if it works for the tasks that other project groups and other UBL users who also need to create schema fragments.

Thank you for any feedback you can provide.