ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Quality assurance on use of Oxford English (and finding other problems)

At 2011-11-29 17:18 +0100, Arianna Brutti wrote:
I started to implement the prd3 issues and I took the chance to correct the "Bad dictionary entry names" you reported.

Well done!

I have not yet addressed the errors in the definitions; they needed more time and may be they can be automatically corrected in eDoCreator. In any case, now I know that the definitions need to be reviewed; I am going to discuss with psc and tsc and look for the best way to address this point.

Good. My guess is that the missing apostrophes are a result of eDoCreator importing the original stylesheets. While I cannot confirm this, I can imagine that the spreadsheet program originally encoded the apostrophe with a Unicode "smart right quote" character, rather than the ASCII ' character. During importation this character was probably translated into a single space since it wasn't an ASCII character.

For portability, I believe we should use the ASCII ' character for the apostrophe, just as we should use the ASCII " character for the double quote.

Thank you for looking into these issues. Please let me know if you can think of any other automated checks I can add to the model checker.

Free 5-hour video lecture: XSLT/XPath 1.0 & 2.0 http://ude.my/t37DVX
Crane Softwrights Ltd.            http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/
G. Ken Holman                   mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com