ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 21 December 2011

MINUTES OF ATLANTIC UBL TC MEETING WEDNESDAY 21 DECEMBER 2011

ATTENDANCE

   Peter Borresen
   Jon Bosak (chair)
   Betty Harvey
   G. Ken Holman
   Andy Schoka

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar:
      http://ubl.xml.org/events

      None.

   Review of Pacific call minutes

      That call was canceled this week

NDR WORK

   BH: Mavis and Mike are really busy right now, but let's shoot for the
   end of January for at least part of it.  (AGREED)

   BH: There is a lot of historical stuff in Chapters 1 through 3; I'm
   just leaving this alone.

   JB: We should look at this in the first editorial review cycle to see
   whether anything needs changing.

      ACTION: GKH to write up the worksheet; BH will go through the
      rules, beginning with the analysis produced using Ken's rule
      checker:

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201111/msg00020.html

   GKH: In the new NDR we separate model concepts from rules for
   generating schemas.  The checker in my analysis is checking NDRs
   against the model on the assumption that the NDRs governing schema
   production will produce the correct angle brackets.  This is not a
   system that reads xsd and confirms that the rules have been met; it
   is intended to be used to vet future contributions to the UBL data
   model.  It's a question whether we need a schema checker; isn't this
   what the NIST tool does?

   BH: Yes; it uses Schematron to test the rules, but not all the rules
   can be checked this way.

      AGREED that the UBL TC will not attempt to create an NDR schema
      checker but will rather leave this to groups like NIST.

BUSINESS DOCUMENT ENVELOPE TASK GROUP

   A previously received report from TM was accidentally omitted from
   the minutes.  A meeting has been held with UN/CEFACT BDH team members
   to develop a common data model and a draft has been circulated.  The
   BDETG is aiming to finalize the model and create example XML in Q1
   2012.

UBL 2.1 PRD3 TSC DELIVERABLES

   AS: Had a constructive discussion of the new document we are
   creating, the Transportation Status Request, which can be used to
   request the state of any one of the three transport status documents
   (Transportation Status, Transport Execution Status, and Transport
   Progress Status).  We've chosen to use Document Status Request as a
   template, then add elements needed to be more specific to (for
   example) a particular geographic region or time period.  We've added
   those ABIEs and are now refinign the design.  We are also modifying
   the other transport status documents.

UBL 2.1 PRD3 PSC DELIVERABLES

   JB: The main things we will need from PSC:

    - Complete, publishable issues list with everything resolved

    - Development of a cancellation mechanism for (at least) Despatch
      Advice and Receipt Advice

    - Review of the definitions

    - Tax total in line item: new amount BBIE

    (More on all this below)

SPREADSHEET ISSUES FOR CONTENT SCs

   Regarding the need to correct missing apostrophes, bad line breaks,
   etc., we have already agreed that these changes are to be
   incorporated in revisions to the definitions (next item).

BIE DEFINITIONS

   From last week's Atlantic call:

      ACTION: TM to prepare an initial edit of the definitions, aiming
      for delivery at the end of January with review in conference
      calls.

FREEZING THE RUNTIME SCHEMAS

   Considering that we are now looking at two new document types from
   PSC and one from TSC plus the addition of BBIEs for taxation, this
   option is no longer relevant.

CANCELLATION DOCUMENTS (WAS: UBL 2.1 PRD2 COMMENT DISPOSITION)

   From last week's Atlantic call:

      AGREED that PSC should be tasked with the creation of the two new
      documents along the lines established by Order Cancellation and
      that we don't need further input from ePrior to start on this.

   AS: Yesterday we discussed in TSC the cancellation of docs
   generically; we concluded that there is already in the status ABIE a
   mechanism for cancelling a document.... We are envisioning the
   transport Document Status Request in a form that identifies the
   particular document we are talking about and selects a status of
   "canceled".  This withdraws the document from receipt and allows
   sending a corrected new one.

   GKH: TM gave us an example of the cancellation message needing to
   convey business information peculiar to the type of message being
   canceled.

   JB/AS: Nonetheless, we are not understanding why we can't create a
   generic cancellation message that contains the identifying
   information along with a code for the kind of document it is
   canceling plus a business rule that a corrected Advice of the stated
   kind will immediately follow.

   PLB: Mark Leitch developed a document called Rectification Advice,
   but we agreed that no one would use it, so it was left out of 2.0.

      ACTION: PSC to consider the points raised above and develop an
      appropriate solution.

TAXTOTAL IN LINEITEM; NEW AMOUNT BBIE

   See

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-comment/201112/msg00001.html

   AGREED to refer this to PSC.  The person stating the requirement has
   offered to help.

   ACTION: PSC to follow up.

CARDINALITY OF SUPPLEMENTAL COMPONENTS IN UBL UDT

   See

      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201112/msg00005.html

   AGREED to the proposal above.  This will make mandatory all
   attributes corresponding to supplemental components in the UDT (UBL
   uses amount, measure, and binary object types).

   N.B.: This will break compatibility with PRD2 (but not with UBL 2.0,
   which also specified the supplemental component attributes as
   mandatory).

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

   Week of 2011.12.26 *** CANCELED ***  Happy Solstice!
   Week of 2012.01.02 Regular schedule
   Week of 2012.01.09 *** CANCELED ***
   Week of 2012.01.16 Regular schedule
   Week of 2012.01.23 Regular schedule
   Week of 2012.01.30 Regular schedule

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC

TRACKING ITEMS

   NDR CHECK (NIST TOOL)

      On hold while working on NDR revision.

   UBL 2.1 NDR ILLUSTRATIONS

   UBL 2.0 NDR IMPLEMENTATION GUIDE WIKI

      http://wiki.oasis-open.org/ubl/NDR_2.0_Implementation_Guide

   CCTS 2.01 DMR

      ACTION (2009.06.30): TM to circulate a draft CCTS 2.01 DMR
      to the TC for review.

      Pending.