ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 14 December 2011

At 2012-01-09 18:38 +0800, Tim McGrath wrote:
as part of my task to review the definitions i have made a sample (see attached) comparing previous(PRD2) and new candidate definitions.

before i go too far i would welcome feedback as to the quality of these. Please compare columns Q and R in the attached sheet.

I like the way you've approached these revised definitions. The "Mutually agreed code..." is a nice touch since it underscores the code is meaningless if you don't agree on what it means.

I worry that phrases such as "as part of the inventory planning information" would impose a limitation of use of the item when someone may want to use the item in a different context. Should an ABIE definition be limited to what it is and how it is used rather than where it is used?

Thanks for getting started on this gargantuan task.

Free 5-hour video lecture: XSLT/XPath 1.0 & 2.0 http://ude.my/uoui9h
Crane Softwrights Ltd.            http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/
G. Ken Holman                   mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com