ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 25 January 2012

MINUTES OF ATLANTIC UBL TC MEETING WEDNESDAY 25 JANUARY 2012

ATTENDANCE

   Kenneth Bengtsson
   Jon Bosak (chair)
   G. Ken Holman
   Andy Schoka

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar:
      http://ubl.xml.org/events

      XML Prague 2012, February 10-12
      University of Economics, Prague
      http://www.xmlprague.cz/2012/

      Balisage: The Markup Conference (Montreal)
      6 August 2012 -  Pre-conference Symposium
      7-10 August 2012 - Balisage: The Markup Conference
      http://www.balisage.net/

   Review of Pacific call minutes

      GKH: Regarding TM's 10 February goal for first pass at the
      definitions -- GKH will be on leave of absence beginning 8 Feb, so
      need to have changes before that to run tests and produce an
      interim SGTG package.  To accomplish this, GKH will need to
      receive updated eDoCreator output by COB 6 Feb in Fremantle
      (morning of the 6th in North America), then can discuss findings
      in the Pacific call (evening of the 6th in N.A., morning of the
      7th in Fremantle), then TM makes fixes on the 7th, and GKH can
      have completeness reported in the Atlantic call on the 8th.

BUSINESS DOCUMENT ENVELOPE TASK GROUP

   See Pacific call minutes.

NDR WORK

   ACTION (1/4): GKH to combine his previous analysis with BH's work to
   make a straw man for review.

      Pending.

PSC DELIVERABLES

   GKH: Same timing issue noted above.  We understand that Arianna is
   creating a new code list; will need to have that to GKH no later than
   5 February to create the SGTG deliverable before beginning Leave of
   Absence.

   GKH: Another code list issue.  Kees Duvekot has identified a
   shortcoming in some of our code lists where we identify the agency
   but don't provide a key to the agency code.  This information is
   actually provided in the agency name, so it's not that the
   information isn't there, it's that we should be providing an
   additional informative attribute that's missing in some cases.
   This is in reference to the genericode files; it has nothing to do
   with the UBL schemas themselves.

      AGREED that we will not attempt a fix for this in 2.1 but instead
      explain it in the documentation.

      ACTION: GKH to provide a paragraph on this for the hubdoc.

TSC DELIVERABLES

   AS: Very constructive meeting yesterday with Audun and TM regarding
   message cancellation in transportation documents.  We concluded that
   we will deal with this for transport with prose explaining how the
   cancellation works as a business practice rather than trying to
   accommodate it with further work on the schemas.  Audun will confirm
   with transport stakeholders the rules to go into the 2.1 documentation.
   It is clear that the approach taken for cancelling transport messages
   will differ from that used for procurement; the former will signal
   cancellations in message content, whereas the latter will use
   explicit cancellation documents.

   JB: This reflects the difference between documents that have legal
   significance in themselves (procurement) and documents that represent
   messages in a collaborative process management context (multimodal
   freight management).

   AS: The TSC issues list has not yet migrated into the master list.
   We have addressed all the issues and now need input by Arianna.  We
   will meet again next Tuesday to produce a final issues list for her.

TIMELINE FOR 2.1 PRD3

   JB (summing up the discussion): We will get a preliminary SGTG
   deliverable from GKH on 8 February as he is leaving, finish up
   documentation and packaging while he is gone, and then produce a
   final SGTG package and Q/A after he returns 19 March.

      AGREED that if there is a new doctype from TSC, we will put a
      dummy document with the final name in eDoCreator before making the
      February build so that the SGTG package prepared before GKH leaves
      will have the correct document name and number of documents.

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

   Week of 2012.01.30 Regular schedule
   Week of 2012.02.06 Regular schedule
   Week of 2012.02.13 Regular schedule
   Week of 2012.02.20 Regular schedule
   Week of 2012.02.27 Regular schedule
   Week of 2012.03.05 Regular schedule
   Week of 2012.03.12 Regular schedule
   Week of 2012.03.19 Regular schedule
   Week of 2012.03.26 Regular schedule

   Note that GKH will be on leave of absence from 8 February until the
   week of 19 March.

Jon Bosak
Chair, OASIS UBL TC

TRACKING ITEMS

   NDR CHECK (NIST TOOL)

      On hold while working on NDR revision.

   UBL 2.1 NDR ILLUSTRATIONS

   UBL 2.0 NDR IMPLEMENTATION GUIDE WIKI

      http://wiki.oasis-open.org/ubl/NDR_2.0_Implementation_Guide

   CCTS 2.01 DMR

      ACTION (2009.06.30): TM to circulate a draft CCTS 2.01 DMR
      to the TC for review.

      Pending.