ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Agency identifier for UN/CEFACT

Ken,

I've taken care of this (I think) but left out the last sentence
(The "/d11a/" makes reference to the first of two annual releases....);
do you think this is necessary?

Jon

G. Ken Holman wrote:
At 2012-01-27 06:59 -0500, Jon Bosak wrote:
MINUTES OF ATLANTIC UBL TC MEETING WEDNESDAY 25 JANUARY 2012
PSC DELIVERABLES
   GKH: Another code list issue.  Kees Duvekot has identified a
   shortcoming in some of our code lists where we identify the agency
   but don't provide a key to the agency code.  This information is
   actually provided in the agency name, so it's not that the
   information isn't there, it's that we should be providing an
   additional informative attribute that's missing in some cases.
   This is in reference to the genericode files; it has nothing to do
   with the UBL schemas themselves.

      AGREED that we will not attempt a fix for this in 2.1 but instead
      explain it in the documentation.

      ACTION: GKH to provide a paragraph on this for the hubdoc.

I hope the text below helps.

Note that depending on the timing of finalizing of UBL 2.1, we may have the opportunity to remove from the "/cl/gc/default" directory all of our files with content from UN/ECE code lists. We would replace their references in the /cva/UBL-DefaultDTQ-2.1.cva file with references to the imminently published bona fide UN/ECE genericode files. This will impact the documentation if we choose to do so.

. . . . . . . . . Ken

The genericode files in the UBL distribution include information from one of two sources: the UBL Technical Committee and the UN/CEFACT committee for trade facilitation of the UN/ECE. The corresponding identification of the custodial agency for these sources is as follows in the genericode files.

 From cl/gc/default/TheComingPSCCodeListFromArianna-2.1.gc as an example:

  <Agency>
    <LongName xml:lang="en">OASIS Universal Business Language</LongName>
    <Identifier>UBL</Identifier>
  </Agency>

And from cl/gc/default/AllowanceChargeReasonCode-2.1.gc as an example:

  <Agency>
    <LongName xml:lang="en">United Nations Economic Commission for
Europe</LongName>
    <Identifier>6</Identifier>
  </Agency>

The "6" identifier for UN/ECE is from the code list "Responsible Agency Code" most recently published at:

  http://www.unece.org/trade/untdid/d11a/tred/tred3055.htm

The "/d11a/" makes reference to the first of two annual releases, "A" and "B", of the code list in 2011.

Free 5-hour video lecture: XSLT/XPath 1.0 & 2.0 http://ude.my/uoui9h
Crane Softwrights Ltd.            http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/
G. Ken Holman                   mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com