ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Agency identifier for UN/CEFACT

At 2012-02-26 12:30 -0500, Jon Bosak wrote:
I've taken care of this (I think) but left out the last sentence
(The "/d11a/" makes reference to the first of two annual releases....);
do you think this is necessary?

It is only explanatory should someone question the role of that subdirectory component. Not having a UN/CEFACT background when I first saw it, I needed to have it explained to me.

I had said "most recently published" ... there is no /d11b/ yet but there might be. Perhaps I should have said "a version of which is published".

. . . . . . . . . Ken

Jon

G. Ken Holman wrote:
The genericode files in the UBL distribution include information from one of two sources: the UBL Technical Committee and the UN/CEFACT committee for trade facilitation of the UN/ECE. The corresponding identification of the custodial agency for these sources is as follows in the genericode files.
 From cl/gc/default/TheComingPSCCodeListFromArianna-2.1.gc as an example:
  <Agency>
    <LongName xml:lang="en">OASIS Universal Business Language</LongName>
    <Identifier>UBL</Identifier>
  </Agency>
And from cl/gc/default/AllowanceChargeReasonCode-2.1.gc as an example:
  <Agency>
    <LongName xml:lang="en">United Nations Economic Commission for
Europe</LongName>
    <Identifier>6</Identifier>
  </Agency>
The "6" identifier for UN/ECE is from the code list "Responsible Agency Code" most recently published at:
  http://www.unece.org/trade/untdid/d11a/tred/tred3055.htm
The "/d11a/" makes reference to the first of two annual releases, "A" and "B", of the code list in 2011.

--
Public XSLT, XSL-FO, UBL and code list classes in Europe -- May 2012
Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/udemy.htm