ubl message

Subject: RE: [ubl] Data type qualification code lists for UBL 2.1

I agree with you, Kees, they appear to be using the code lists in the identifier fields.

Which isn't "wrong" ... I was just expecting something else in my naïveté. I should stick to the angle brackets.

So I can add those two tax code lists to the special purpose directory:

  http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/prd2-UBL-2.1/cl/gc/special-purpose/

... as a convenience for users.  I'll get the values from:

http://www.unece.org/trade/untdid/d11a/tred/tred5305.htm
http://www.unece.org/trade/untdid/d11a/tred/tred5153.htm

... or their XSD equivalents if I can find them.

Actually, I found them quite quickly, but they appear to be based on D10B and not D11A, yet were only published two months ago:

http://www.unece.org/uncefact/codelist/standard/UNECE_DutyTaxFeeTypeCode_D10B.xsd

http://www.unece.org/uncefact/codelist/standard/UNECE_DutyorTaxorFeeCategoryCode_D10B.xsd

I'm unsure why the HTML rendition would be D11A and the schema rendition only D10B. Tim said that a new set of files would be published in 6 to 8 weeks, so perhaps we'll see the D11A versions as XSD files then.

Thank you for this guidance, Kees!

. . . . . . . . . . Ken

At 2012-05-06 08:30 +0000, you wrote:
At 2012-05-05 16:16 +0000, Duvekot, Kees wrote:

>>When looking at the CEN/BII Tax guidlines the say the following:
>>paragraph 2.3: Tax category ID should be based on UN/ECE code list 5305.

>The ID or the type?  I would have thought type, not ID.  Do you have
>a citation for this guideline for the benefit of readers of the archive?

http://spec.cenbii.eu/Profiles/Guidelines/BII%20Guideline%2009%20-%20Tax%20v1.pdf

2.3 Tax Category
Tax Category describes a subdivision of a Tax Scheme.
It may be the case that a tax has different rates for the same TaxCategory.ID. Since rates for categories differ between countries it is recommended that the tax percentage is also given.
- TaxScheme.ID = ?VAT?
- TaxScheme.Name = ?Value added tax?
- TaxCategory.ID = ?S?
- TaxCategory.Percent = ?5? or ?12?
Each rate for the Tax Scheme / Category combination must be calculated in a separate Tax Subtotal.
Tax category ID should be based on UN/ECE code list 5305.

Based on this description you can clearly see that they really use the ID element (because there is no other element that can be used)

--
Public XSLT, XSL-FO, UBL and code list classes in Europe -- Oct 2012
Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/udemy.htm