ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Pacific UBL TC call 10 July 2012

MINUTES OF PACIFIC UBL TC MEETING TUESDAY 10 JULY 2012

ATTENDANCE

   Jon Bosak (chair)
   G. Ken Holman
   Tim McGrath (vice chair)
   Andy Schoka

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar:
      http://ubl.xml.org/events

      None.

UBL 2.1 PRD3 DEFINITION REVIEW

   AS: TSC is working through the maindoc definitions relating to
   international and intermodal freight management.  We need to ensure
   that definitions of items with the same middle term (e.g., Ad
   Valorem_ Indicator) have the same general definition.

   GKH: Fortunately, the HTML summary report provided with each build
   groups all such items together in a way that makes the definitions
   easy to compare.

   JB: This should also be a Q/A task at the end of the definition
   review.

UBL 2.1 PRD3 HUBDOC

   AGREED that there should be a section in the hubdoc explaining the
   relationship between shipments and consignments.

   TM: AGREE that UBL can use the illustrations prepared by Document
   Engineering Services.

      ACTION: TM to tidy up the illustrations and add the shipment
      specification created between the two forwarders.

      ACTION: JB to write up an explanation based on TM's materials and
      this discussion; TM to review.

   We also discussed workflow, and it was observed that we do not need
   to wait till the end of the definition review to make the last
   (pending) minor additions to the data models.

      ACTION: JB to notify Arianna of this change in policy.

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

   Week of 2012.07.09 Regular schedule
   Week of 2012.07.16 Regular schedule
   Week of 2012.07.23 Regular schedule