ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] DEN and naming issues to address in latest document models

Dear Ken

Find inline my comments on the elements that belong to eTendering.

Tell me whether we need further discussion on them. There is one element on Energy Water Supply I do not have comments on.

Regards
Oriol

El 04/01/2013, a las 23:07, G. Ken Holman escribió:

> The following are DEN repairs that I have hacked in my environment, making some assumptions about what is wrong, but these are not fixed in the master and need to be repaired by PSC and TSC:
>
> (1) Common library, row 107:
>    DEN =    "Awarding Terms. Prize Description. Text"
>    Pieces = "Awarding Terms. Prize Description . Text"
>
>    - the Property Term Possessive Noun is "Prize Description" and the
>      Property Term Primary Noun is "" and the Property Term is
>      "Prize Description "
>    - for now I've hacked it by removing the space from the Property Term
>      and split the two parts to possessive "Prize" and primary "Description":
>  https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/47799/#t-CommonLibrary-107

I agree with your hack.

> (2) Common library, row 729:
>    DEN =    "Energy Water Supply. Energy Water_ Correction. Consumption Correction"
>    Pieces = "Energy Water Supply. Energy Water_ Consumption Correction. Consumption Correction
>
>    - for now I've hacked the DEN to be the same as the pieces
>  https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/47799/#t-CommonLibrary-729
>

> (3) Common library, row 1495:
>    DEN =    "Procurement Project. Budget Amount. Requested Tender Total"
>    Pieces = "Procurement Project. Requested Tender Total"
>    UBLName= "Requested Tender Total"
>
>    - for now I've assumed that "Budget Amount" is superfluous and I changed
>      the DEN to "Procurement Project. Requested Tender Total"
>    - another solution would be to assume "Budget Amount" is a qualifier,
>      but I'm not assuming that because of the UBL name
>  https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/47799/#t-CommonLibrary-1495

Your assumption is correct. Budget Amount is the legacy name of the ABIE.

> (4) Duplicated class/qualifier/property terms: 1
>    - there are two conflicting BBIEs in the "Tendering Terms" ABIE as we do not allow two constructs that only differ by their representation term
>
> "Tendering Terms/Additional/Conditions" (2)
>   Tendering Terms. Additional_ Conditions. Indicator
>   Tendering Terms. Additional_ Conditions. Text

I would suggest using

Tendering Terms. Other_ Conditions. Indicator
Tendering Terms. Additional_ Conditions. Text

> (5) Inconsistent naming components, row 776
>    - "Evidence. Name. Text"
>    - I cannot tell from the definitions of the "Evidence" ABIE what the
>      repair should be
>  https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/47799/#t-CommonLibrary-776

The Evidence class is used under the TendererQualification, hence when the tenderer is submitting their own qualification, and there it is used to enclose the evidences submitted to be qualified. It is also used in the Suggested Evidence ASBIE when describing criteria or requirements so as the Contracting authority can use it to point to a suggested evidence to fulfill certain criteria. In this case, there is the possibility to add a candidate statement that is enough for the Contracting authority to fulfill that particular criteria.

I think that there is an issue with the names of the BBIEs in row 776 and row 777. They should be:

Evidence. Description. Text
Evidence. Candidate_ Statement. Text