ubl message

Subject: Re: [ubl] Swim lane diagrams in the hub document

well spotted. I have put suggestions below. If we dont here to the contrary by early next week lets go with this.

On 26/01/13 6:32 AM, G. Ken Holman wrote:
I am working more on the hub document today and I'm looking at the diagrams ... please see the November version of the hub document here:

  https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/47370

(1) Missing document types

In the collaborative planning, forecasting, and replenishment swim-lane diagrams, there is no flow that illustrates the use of either the ItemInformationRequest document or the PerformanceHistory document.

I think these are the only documents (except for the general DocumentStatusRequest, DocumentStatus and AttachedDocument documents) not included in any of the swim-lane diagrams in the hub document.

Is it important to update the diagrams with their inclusion?  I think so.
I would suggest ItemInformationRequest should be shown as the trigger for 'Create Sales Forecast' (go on the top of Figure 33). It would be sent by the Seller to the Buyer. So the diagram needs updating.

As for PerformanceHistory it was original part of the VMI model (not CPFR) but I cannot see how this differs from ProductActvity and suspect it is now redundant (been replaced by Product Activity when the processes were harmonized). So we should drop PerformanceHistory document type from the package and not update any diagrams.

(2) Figure 57 in section 2.14.3.3

There is a document type box labelled "Change Order Response" and we don't have such a document type in the package.

I think it should just say "Order Response". Diagram needs updating.

I'm progressing with producing the draft package for sanity review, but I would like this issue addressed before we create the package for voting, please.

Thank you!

. . . . . . . . . Ken

Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/udemy.htm
Crane Softwrights Ltd. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/