ubl message

Subject: PRD3D5 ready for internal review without ASN directory

Fellow UBL TC members,

If I do not receive an "asn/" directory between now and the teleconferences this week, this will be the voting package:

  http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=48304

It is labeled: "*** sanity check 5 -- voting copy (no ASN directory) ***"

If I do get an "asn/" directory before the teleconferences, I will post a revised voting package and document the differences in preparation for the vote. The ASN schemas are not substantive to conformance and exist only as a convenience to users. Adding the directory will not change any other file in the package, except for the date and label on the cover page of the hub document and its renditions. The submitter of the ASN.1 directory may also be advising on changes to the ASN documentation.

The next package will then be labeled: "*** sanity check 5 -- voting copy ***

Please test and review today's package as much as you can to get the confidence to accept it in the vote this week. You'll be able to continue testing uninterrupted when replacing today's package with the package with ASN schemas.

Do not hesitate to ask any questions you can before the vote! We want to have a clean package to vote on before submitting it for public review. If you see anything wrong we need to know ASAP.

Here is a draft of the two resolutions that will be voted on this week if no-one raises any issues:

 1. Does the TC approve as Committee Specification Draft 3 the draft PRD3D5
    found at this URI?

      http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=?????

 2. Does the TC approve submitting the approved Committee Specification Draft
    3 for a 15-day public review?

When these two resolutions pass, I then create two packages for OASIS TC Admin that are virtually identical, however all URIs in all files that read "prd3d5-UBL-2.1/" are replaced with, respectively, "csd3-UBL-2.1/" and "prd3-UBL-2.1/". The title and date at the start of the hub document will also reflect the version. At that point, both packages are uploaded to the committee repository by OASIS TC Admin (I don't have write access to the repository):

   http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/

OASIS TC Admin then announce the 15-day public review and we await public comments. The announcement will include important instructions to reviewers regarding how comments are submitted.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I will upload the package with the ASN.1 files as soon as I am able.

--
Public XSLT, XSL-FO, UBL and code list classes in Europe -- Apr 2013 |
Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/udemy.htm |