ubl message

Subject: UBL ITLSC Committee Note for the Withholding Tax usage in UBL 2.x

Dear UBL TC,
as discussed with Arianna Brutti (UBL ITLSC co-chair) and G. Ken Holman, I would like to prepare within the UBL ITLSC a small guide for the Withholding Tax usage with UBL-Invoice-2.x.
Such guide will facilitate the adoption of UBL in Italy, but could be a valid sample for other LSCs because the withhoding tax is a common practice in other countries a well (e.g Spain, USA, ...).

There is not a single Withholding Tax practice anyway, as it may be applied to different contexts (royalties, shifted wages, ...), so this guide will be only focused on the withholding taxes in accounts receivable where taxes are withheld by customers on behalf of the seller (usually a freelance).
This kind of income withholdong tax is the same as the wage withholding tax applied to employees.

According to the UBL ITLSC charter we promote UBL in Italy and we take any action to facilitate the UBL adoption such as preparing a guideline.

The idea is to write a Committee Note along the Non-Standards TC approval track into the Italian language.
The title of such note will be "Guida all'uso della ritenuta d'acconto in UBL 2.x", but we will provide an English version for use by the UBL TC and other LSCs named "Withholding Tax user guide for UBL 2.x".

I intruduce this work for approval by the UBL TC as requested by the OASIS procedures.

Best regards

Roberto Cisternino
UBL ITLSC co-chair