ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 11 September 2013 14:00UTC

MINUTES OF ATLANTIC UBL TC TELECONFERENCE WEDNESDAY 11 SEPTEMBER 2013 14:00UTC

ATTENDANCE

Atlantic teleconference:
   Kees Duvekot
   G. Ken Holman (convener)
   Andy Schoka

Regrets:
   Oriol Bausà

Pacific teleconference attendance:
   Kenneth Bengtsson
   G. Ken Holman (convener)
   Tim McGrath

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar:
      http://ubl.xml.org/events

   Review of Pacific call minutes (copied below as agenda items)
      https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201309/msg00001.html

   Membership status review
      https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#membership
      https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/membership.php?wg_abbrev=ubl
      https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ubl/members/roster.php?num_items=80

      - voting status is determined by the following:
        - existing voting members must not miss two consecutive meetings to
          maintain voting status
        - non-voting members must attend two consecutive meetings to obtain
          voting status
      - what can we do to recruit more volunteers to the TC to share
        in the work?

UBL 2.1 Status

   - 60-day public review underway, ending 15 October 2013 23:59UTC:

     http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201308/msg00000.html

   - no comments yet posted:

     http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-comment/

   - we need TC members to help voting representatives of OASIS be aware of
     the upcoming vote for UBL 2.1 in November 2013

UBL 2.1 UML and ASN.1 Committee Notes

   - Committee Note 01 for both specifications are published

     http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/UBL-2.1-ASN.1/v1.0/cn01/UBL-2.1-ASN.1-v1.0-cn01.html
     http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/UBL-2.1-UML/v1.0/cn01/UBL-2.1-UML-v1.0-cn01.html

   - we need to create Committee Note 02 for both with the finalized
     document models from UBL 2.1 Committee Specification 1

UBL 2.1 Release Time-line

   Status of the time-line

    - http://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#OASISstandard
    - OASIS runs a 60-day public review ending
    - UBL TC prepares a disposition of comments
    - OASIS conducts a membership-wide ballot - 14 days
    - OASIS may conduct a membership-wide ballot to address negative
      comments
    - OASIS approves UBL 2.1 as an OASIS standard

UBL TC next steps

    - what administrative issues need to be addressed?
    - what technical issues need to be addressed?
      - committee notes (note above)
    - what promotional issues need to be addressed?
      - UBL 2 is an organic thing that can be grown
      - what do we do for implementation support?
      - should we write a companion document of how to use the specification?
      - industry-specific documentation?
      - make it easier to find what is relevant without changing the actual
        specification
      - what about updating the International Data Dictionary?
        - who can we find to help with this?
      - Multi-stakeholder Forum on ICT Standardization
        - addressing commission's new more open policy on open standards
          including OASIS, W3C, IETF, etc.
        - this could include sanctioning of UBL as a standard for use in
          Europe

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

   Proposed to continue with our regular times:

     Pacific call date/time:  Wednesdays 00:00UTC
     Atlantic call date/time: Wednesdays 14:00UTC

   (Note the Pacific call takes place Tuesday evenings west of the
    Atlantic Ocean)

   Cancelled:  2013-09-10/12 - UBL TC Face to Face in Kars, Ontario, Canada

   Next meeting:

     2013-09-25 - 00:00UTC and 14:00UTC

   Will anyone be requesting a leave of absence in the near future?  For
   privacy reasons, this discussion will be kept off of the minutes.

   TC calendar:
   http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/calendar.php?wg_abbrev=ubl

   TC calendar iCal subscription link:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup_feeds/ical/my_vcalendar.ics?token=fa658a7994a6cefb10c10be09e139af3&workgroup_id=50

OTHER BUSINESS

    None

--
Public XSLT, XSL-FO, and UBL classes in the Netherlands     Oct 2013 |
Public XSLT, XSL-FO, UBL and code list classes in Australia Oct 2013 |