ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Pacific UBL TC call 06 November 2013 01:00UTC - voting meeting

MINUTES OF PACIFIC UBL TC TELECONFERENCE WEDNESDAY 06 November 01:00UTC - voting meeting

ATTENDANCE

   Kenneth Bengtsson
   G. Ken Holman (convener)
   Ole Madsen
   Tim McGrath
   Andy Schoka

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to the calendar:
      - none

   Review of Atlantic call minutes
      https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201310/msg00012.html

   Review of Pacific call minutes
      https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201310/msg00010.html

   Membership status review
      https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#membership
      https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/membership.php?wg_abbrev=ubl
      https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ubl/members/roster.php?num_items=80

      - voting status is determined by the following:
        - existing voting members must not miss two consecutive meetings to
          maintain voting status
        - non-voting members must attend two consecutive meetings to obtain
          voting status
      - what can we do to recruit more volunteers to the TC to share
        in the work?

    UBL Technical Committee Officers

      - Jon Bosak has asked to step down as a TC Co-chair
      - G. Ken Holman has volunteered to be a TC Co-chair
      - Zarella Rendon has asked to step down as Secretary
      - Jon Bosak has volunteered to be Secretary
      - per TC Process 2.7, a Full Majority Vote of the TC
        must be held in order to confirm the changes in
        officers
      - these changes will be considered during the TC
        calls of 20 November 2013; voting members are urged
        to attend so that votes can be taken

UBL 2.1 Status

   - the OASIS membership ballot for UBL 2.1 has closed:

       Yes     77     100%
       No       0       0%
       Eligible companies who have voted:      77 of 306 25%
       Eligible companies who have abstained:   0 of 306 0%
       Eligible companies who have not voted: 229 of 306 75%

       https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ballot.php?id=2527

    - a request to submit UBL 2.1 to ISO/IEC JTC 1 for adoption
      has been drafted:

      https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201311/msg00000.html

      according to the policy described at:

      https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/liaison#submitwork

    - AGREED (pending Atlantic call):  That the UBL Technical
      Committee request OASIS TC Administration to run a Special
      Majority Vote approving the submission to the OASIS
      President of the request to submit UBL 2.1 to ISO/IEC
      JTC 1 for adoption.

UBL 2.1 UML and ASN.1 Committee Notes

   - the persistent links have been updated with the latest
     Committee Note 02 versions of the notes and so are
     correctly being referenced in the UBL 2.1 specification:

   http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/UBL-2.1-ASN.1/v1.0/UBL-2.1-ASN.1-v1.0.html
   http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/UBL-2.1-ASN.1/v1.0/UBL-2.1-ASN.1-v1.0.pdf
   http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/UBL-2.1-UML/v1.0/UBL-2.1-UML-v1.0.html
   http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/UBL-2.1-UML/v1.0/UBL-2.1-UML-v1.0.pdf

   - committee members are requested to obtain the final copy of
     these materials from the above links rather than from previously
     posted ZIP packages

UBL TC next steps

    - what promotional issues need to be addressed?
      - UBL 2 is an organic thing that can be grown
      - what do we do for implementation support?
      - should we write a companion document of how to use the specification?
      - industry-specific documentation?
      - make it easier to find what is relevant without changing the actual
        specification
      - what about updating the International Data Dictionary?
        - who can we find to help with this?
      - Multi-stakeholder Forum on ICT Standardization
        - addressing commission's new more open policy on open standards
          including OASIS, W3C, IETF, etc.
        - this could include sanctioning of UBL as a standard for use in
          Europe
    - what subject matter issues need to be addressed?
      - communications with outsourcing warehouses
      - more transportation co-ordination issues
      - communications with transportation regulatory organizations
    - what technical issues need to be addressed?
      - are any schema changes needed?
      - at the least we need to publish the NDR as soon as possible
    - what educational materials need to be made available?

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

   Our regular UTC times are now shifted due to daylight savings time changes,
   but note that the local time on the clock is unchanged from before:

     Pacific call date/time:  Wednesdays 01:00UTC
     Atlantic call date/time: Wednesdays 15:00UTC

    (Note the Pacific call takes place Tuesday evenings west of the
     Atlantic Ocean)

   Next meetings:

     2013-11-20 - 01:00UTC and 15:00UTC
     2013-12-04 - 01:00UTC and 15:00UTC
     2013-12-11 - 01:00UTC and 15:00UTC
     2013-12-18 - 01:00UTC and 15:00UTC

   Will anyone be requesting a leave of absence in the near future?  For
   privacy reasons, this discussion will be kept off of the minutes.

   TC calendar:
   http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/calendar.php?wg_abbrev=ubl

   TC calendar iCal subscription link:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup_feeds/ical/my_vcalendar.ics?token=fa658a7994a6cefb10c10be09e139af3&workgroup_id=50

OTHER BUSINESS

   None

--
Public XSLT, XSL-FO, UBL & code list classes: Melbourne, AU May 2014 |
Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/udemy.htm |