ubl message

Subject: Agenda for Atlantic UBL TC call 19 February 2014 15:00UTC

AGENDA FOR ATLANTIC UBL TC MEETING WEDNESDAY 19 FEBRUARY 2014 15:00 UTC

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140219T15&p1=1440&ah=1

CONFERENCING INFO

  https://www2.gotomeeting.com/join/714594514

  Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is

  recommended. Or call in using your telephone.

  Australia: +61 (0) 2 9037 1944

  Austria: +43 (0) 7 2088 0034

  Belgium: +32 (0) 28 08 9321

  Canada: +1 (647) 977-5956

  Denmark: +45 (0) 69 91 80 05

  Finland: +358 (0) 931 58 1746

  France: +33 (0) 182 880 780

  Germany: +49 (0) 892 2061 159

  Ireland: +353 (0) 15 290 180

  Italy: +39 0 699 26 68 58

  Netherlands: +31 (0) 208 908 267

  New Zealand: +64 (0) 9 442 7358

  Norway: +47 21 54 32 44

  Spain: +34 911 23 0850

  Sweden: +46 (0) 852 500 612

  Switzerland: +41 (0) 435 0006 96

  United Kingdom: +44 (0) 203 535 0611

  United States: +1 (773) 945-1031

  Access Code: 714-594-514

  Meeting ID: 714-594-514

STANDING ITEMS

  Additions to the calendar:

  Review of Atlantic call minutes

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201401/msg00008.html

  Review of Pacific call minutes

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201401/msg00009.html

  Membership status review

     https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#membership

     https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/membership.php?wg_abbrev=ubl

     https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ubl/members/roster.php?num_items=80

     - voting status is determined by the following:

       - existing voting members must not miss two consecutive meetings to

         maintain voting status

       - non-voting members must attend two consecutive meetings to obtain

         voting status

     - current voting member list (alphabetical):

       - Oriol Bausa

       - Kenneth Bengtsson

       - Jon Bosak (secretary)

       - Kees Duvekot

       - G. Ken Holman (co-chair)

       - Ole Madsen

       - Tim McGrath (co-chair)

       - Andy Schoka (TSC chair)

     - what can we do to recruit more volunteers to the TC to share

       in the work?

UBL 2.1 Status

  - member review of the proposed submission of UBL 2.1 to ISO/IEC JTC 1

    completed.

  - We expect to receive the explanatory note this week.

- a slide show explaining the purpose of this activity is available at:

https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=51875&wg_abbrev=ubl

- Multi-stakeholder Platform - European ICT Standardization

UBL TC next steps

     - what promotional issues need to be addressed?

     - UBL 2 is an organic thing that can be grown

     - what do we do for implementation support?

     - should we write a companion document of how to use the specification?

     - industry-specific documentation?

     - make it easier to find what is relevant without changing the actual

       specification

     - what about updating the International Data Dictionary?

       - who can we find to help with this?

     - how about another UBL International conference in order to

       promote the release of UBL 2.1?  Can anyone host this conference?

       http://ublconference.com or http://ublconference.org

       - perhaps an event in North America and in Europe in Q1/2'2014

        - Washington DC, Burlington MA ?

                             - Brussels or Barcelona?

        - Beijing June 2014?

     - how about a Twitter feed of UBL adoption and announcements

   - what subject matter issues need to be addressed?

     - communications with outsourcing warehouses

       - which new process flows need existing or new documents?

       - Kees solicited interest from others, such as perhaps

         members of the TSC since outsourced warehouses are of

         interest to freight and transportation companies

     - more transportation co-ordination issues

     - communications with transportation regulatory organizations

   - what technical issues need to be addressed?

     - are any schema changes needed?

     - at the least we need to publish the NDR as soon as possible

   - what educational materials need to be made available?

     - how about YouTube videos regarding access to the UBL package?

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

  Our regular UTC times are now shifted due to daylight savings time changes,

  but note that the local time on the clock is unchanged from before:

    Pacific call date/time:  Wednesdays 01:00UTC

    Atlantic call date/time: Wednesdays 15:00UTC

   (Note the Pacific call takes place Tuesday evenings west of the

    Atlantic Ocean)

  Next meetings:

  Propose February 26 2014

  Will anyone be requesting a leave of absence in the near future?  For

  privacy reasons, this discussion will be kept off of the minutes.

  TC calendar:

  http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/calendar.php?wg_abbrev=ubl

  TC calendar iCal subscription link:

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup_feeds/ical/my_vcalendar.ics?token=fa658a7994a6cefb10c10be09e139af3&workgroup_id=50