ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 16 April 2014 14:00UTC

MINUTES OF ATLANTIC UBL TC TELECONFERENCE WEDNESDAY 16 April 2014 14:00UTC

ATTENDANCE

Atlantic teleconference:
  Oriol Bausa
  Peter Borresen
  Kees Duvekot
  G. Ken Holman (convener)

Pacific teleconference attendance:

  Kenneth Bengtsson
  G. Ken Holman (convener)
  Tim McGrath
  Andy Schoka

STANDING ITEMS

  Additions to events calendar: http://ubl.xml.org/events
    - none at this time

  Review of Pacific call minutes
    https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201404/msg00017.html

  Review of Atlantic call minutes
    https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201404/msg00013.html

  Membership status review
    https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#membership
    https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/membership.php?wg_abbrev=ubl
    https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ubl/members/roster.php?num_items=80

    - voting status is determined by the following:
      - existing voting members must not miss two consecutive meetings to
        maintain voting status
      - non-voting members must attend two consecutive meetings to obtain
        voting status
    - current voting member list (alphabetical):
      - Oriol Bausa
      - Kenneth Bengtsson
      - Jon Bosak (secretary)
      - Kees Duvekot
      - G. Ken Holman (co-chair)
      - Ole Madsen
      - Tim McGrath (co-chair)
      - Andy Schoka (TSC chair)
    - members approaching gaining voting status:
      - Peter Borresen
    - members approaching losing voting status:
      - Ole Madsen
    - what can we do to recruit more volunteers to the TC to share
      in the work?

  JIRA tickets
   https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=10170
    - Kees is busy but is working on UBL-1 for outsourcing warehousing
    - Kees has forwarded info to Peter for UBL-2 for party information

  Web site maintenance
   - it was noted that the TC home page was edited without direction from the
     committee and so the web site original wording has been restored

International Data Dictionary

 - Ken has written OASIS TC Administration regarding the use of a Google
   spreadsheet
 - the spreadsheet would be publicly visible but only modified by members
 - the TC would invite input to the spreadsheet through the UBL Comment
   List in order to address any IPR issues regarding the contributions
   from the public
 - no response yet received from TC Admin

Conformance to CCTS 2.01

 - Tim and Ken to draft a Committee Note detailing how the UBL 2.1
   Standard conforms as an implementation of CCTS 2.01 (ISO TS
   15000-5:2005)
 - committee members will be asked to vote on the Committee Note
   next week

UBL TC next steps

  - what promotional issues need to be addressed?
  - UBL 2 is an organic thing that can be grown

  - what do we do for implementation support?
  - should we write a companion document of how to use the specification?
  - industry-specific documentation?
  - make it easier to find what is relevant without changing the actual
    specification

  - how about another UBL International conference in order to
    promote the release of UBL 2.1?  Can anyone host this conference?
      http://ublconference.com or http://ublconference.org
      - perhaps an event in North America and in Europe in 2014
        - Washington DC, Burlington MA (OASIS)?
        - http://www.exchange-summit.com/ - Barcelona - October 2014
        - BII - Paris in June?  Frankfurt in September?
        - Beijing June 2014 (JTC 1 SC32)?

  - how about a Twitter feed of UBL adoption and announcements?

  - what subject matter issues need to be addressed?
    - more transportation co-ordination issues
    - communications with transportation regulatory organizations

  - what technical issues need to be addressed?
    - are any schema changes needed?
    - at the least we need to publish the NDR as soon as possible

  - what educational materials need to be made available?
    - how about YouTube videos regarding access to the UBL package?

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

 We are coming up to daylight savings time again, so please watch the
 timings of calls in North America.  I'm trying to keep the timings of
 calls in Europe unchanged, since most members are from Europe, so the
 time of the Atlantic calls in North America changes for three weeks.

 The Pacific call takes place Tuesday evenings west of the Atlantic
 Ocean.  The time of the Pacific calls in North America is unchanged.

 Next meetings:

   2014-04-23 Pacific 00:00UTC/20:00EDT, Atlantic 14:00UTC/16:00CEST/10:00EDT
   2014-04-30 Pacific 00:00UTC/20:00EDT, Atlantic 14:00UTC/16:00CEST/10:00EDT
   2014-05-07 No meetings this week
   2014-05-14 Pacific 00:00UTC/20:00EDT, Atlantic 14:00UTC/16:00CEST/10:00EDT

 Please consider having a light meeting schedule in June, perhaps only a
 single meeting mid-month.

 Will anyone be requesting a leave of absence in the near future?  For
 privacy reasons, this discussion will be kept off of the minutes.

 TC calendar:
 http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/calendar.php?wg_abbrev=ubl

 TC calendar iCal subscription link:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup_feeds/ical/my_vcalendar.ics?token=fa658a7994a6cefb10c10be09e139af3&workgroup_id=50