ubl message

Subject: Re: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 13 August 2014 14:00UTC

At 2014-08-13 10:24 -0400, I wrote:
MINUTES OF ATLANTIC UBL TC TELECONFERENCE WEDNESDAY 13 August 2014 14:00UTC
  JIRA tickets

https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=10170
   - Ken to contact TC Admin to ask about JIRA use regarding "resolved but
     not closed) or other custom states that we create for ourselves

I have learned that we have the following six states from which to choose, as documented by TC administration:

 New = raised but not accepted by the committee
 Deferred = not critical; awaiting review by the committee
 Open = accepted by TC but not yet addressed
 Resolved = solution proposed by not applied
 Applied = solution applied in work product
 Closed = Issued addressed; no more work required

We don't have a method to add any other states, so we have to work with what we've got.

These are the changes in state allowed:

  New -> Open, Closed, Deferred
  Deferred -> Open
  Open -> Deferred, Resolved, Closed
  Resolved -> Open, Applied
  Applied-> Resolved, Closed
  Closed -> Applied, Open

I've opened the NDR ticket since I'm taken it on. Kees has taken ownership of UBL-1 (outsourcing) and Peter has taken ownership of UBL-2 (party), so I've opened those as well. I note that changing the status of a ticket does not create a mail list post.

The other tickets that are not closed have the "New" status. This isn't very different than "Deferred" but since I don't think we have formally decided not to address any of them yet, the status should remain "New". We'll keep "Deferred" for those issues we formally decide we aren't (yet) going to address. The ones that are "New", then, are issues we are still planning on addressing, but they haven't been opened yet by someone taking ownership of the issue.

One way I found to see which tickets have which status is by going to this address:

  https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-8?filter=10274

... and then clicking on "Status:All" and using the checkboxes.

Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/video.htm |
Crane Softwrights Ltd.            http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/ |
G. Ken Holman                   mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com |
Google+ profile:      http://plus.google.com/+GKenHolman-Crane/about |