ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 24 September 2014 14:00UTC

MINUTES OF ATLANTIC UBL TC TELECONFERENCE WEDNESDAY 24 September 2014 14:00UTC

ATTENDANCE

Atlantic teleconference:

  Oriol Bausa
  Kenneth Bengtsson
  Peter Borresen
  Kees Duvekot
  Martin Forsberg
  G. Ken Holman (convener)
  Ole Madsen

Pacific teleconference attendance:

  G. Ken Holman (convener)
  Tim McGrath
  Andy Schoka

STANDING ITEMS

  Additions to events calendar: http://ubl.xml.org/events
    - December 2, 2014 - Stockholm - UBL International 2014
      http://UBLconference.com

  Review of Pacific call minutes
    https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201409/msg00013.html

  Review of Atlantic call minutes
    https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201409/msg00010.html

  Membership status review
    https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#membership
    https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/membership.php?wg_abbrev=ubl
    https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ubl/members/roster.php?num_items=80

    - voting status is determined by the following:
      - existing voting members must not miss two consecutive meetings to
        maintain voting status
      - non-voting members must attend two consecutive meetings to obtain
        voting status
    - committee officers (alphabetical):
      - Jon Bosak (secretary)
      - G. Ken Holman (co-chair)
      - Tim McGrath (co-chair)
    - current voting member list (alphabetical):
      - Oriol Bausa
      - Kenneth Bengtsson
      - Peter Borresen
      - Kees Duvekot
      - Martin Forsberg
      - G. Ken Holman
      - Ole Madsen
      - Tim McGrath
      - Andy Schoka
    - what can we do to recruit more volunteers to the TC to share
      in the work?

  JIRA tickets
   https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=10170
   - no action needed

  Web site maintenance (committee web site or UBL.xml.org)
   - the question arose regarding how to get email notifications of postings
     made to UBL.xml.org
     - Ken has had OASIS help to add to the top of the http://UBL.xml.org home
       page the following ... does it make the top of the home page too long?
       If so we can reduce this to a link on the home page and point to a
       separate page:

====8<----
In order to receive email notifications of posts to this site, please
click top-right on your username next to "Logged in as:", or bottom-right
"My account", in order to get to your account page.  Go to the
"Subscriptions" tab and you'll see 5 different sub-areas.  The
"categories" and "content types" sub-areas have a number of check-boxes.
Click on any or all and then save your selection in order to receive an
email notification of a new post in that area of this web site.
====8<----

     - Tim to find ways for UBL.xml.org to feed social media
     - Tim has produced the first of a number of video guides to using
       UBL 2.1:

       http://ubl.xml.org/wiki/ubl-21-video-guides-to-navigation

     - specifications page updated to include links to ASN.1 and UML
       Committee Notes, plus descriptive text for the links has been
       added to guide new visitors ... this page is evolving into a
       good page to hand out to people to learn more about UBL:

       http://ubl.xml.org/wiki/ubl-specifications

ISO/IEC DIS 19845 Universal Business Language Version 2.1 (UBL v2.1)

 - as of the posting of this agenda the stage remains at 40.60

http://www.iso.org/iso/home/store/catalogue_tc/catalogue_detail.htm?csnumber=66370

Human Interface Subcommittee (HISC) revival

 - work proceeding on Invoice, Order and Forwarding Instructions
 - Peter has progressed the work to create a stylesheet generator
 - will work on procedures to accommodate submissions from others
   while keeping in mind intellectual property issues

UBL TC Face-to-face

 - confirmed for December 1, 2014 - Stockholm, Sweden
 - who is planning to attend?
   - please send offline to the chairs a written indication of your
     intention to attend (not a commitment, just an intention for our
     planning purposes)
 - what agenda items do we need?
   - work on some of the JIRA tickets
   - reports from each of the subcommittees (e.g. HISC)
   - how should we tie procurement and transportation to form a logic
     link all the way from "I want something" to it being delivered
     (bring together the two islands of procurement and transport)

UBL International 2014

 - a half-day symposium in Stockholm, December 2, 2014 the day after
   the UBL TC face-to-face is ready to be announced:

     http://www.UBLconference.com

 - at this time attendance is limited to 50, but free because of sponsorships
 - please invite organizations to become one of the limited number of sponsors
 - please help spread the word
 - any ideas for a UBL International symposium in 2015?

     http://www.UBLconference.com/hosting

UBL Community Development

 - Andy raised the discussion of somehow creating a UBL Community of paying
   members to create resources along the lines of what the "BRM Institute"
   has created for their community

 - Ken commented that http://UBL.xml.org is a site with many such resources
   and all it would take would be to package it up into an "app" that would
   be updated when the site was updated ... but that takes a lot of resources
- Ken also observed that setting up http://goUBL.com as a commercial ecosystem
   around UBL has not been attracting any interest
 - Kees noted that OASIS already provides the kind of infrastructure that
   would support UBL users and that another commercial entity might jeopardize
   the openness of UBL

UBL TC next steps

  - what promotional issues need to be addressed?
  - UBL 2 is an organic thing that can be grown

  - what do we do for implementation support?
  - should we write a companion document of how to use the specification?
  - industry-specific documentation?
  - make it easier to find what is relevant without changing the actual
    specification

  - how about a Twitter feed of UBL adoption and announcements?

  - what subject matter issues need to be addressed?
    - more transportation co-ordination issues
    - communications with transportation regulatory organizations
    - DBE-Core Information Set requirements?

  - what technical issues need to be addressed?
    - are any schema changes needed?
    - suggestion for new requirements for existing documents:
      - customs document alignment
      - tendering document alignment
    - should we have a multitude of smaller documents for process
      purposes, rather than larger documents?

  - what educational materials need to be made available?
    - how about YouTube videos regarding access to the UBL package?

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

 Next meetings:

   2014-10-01 Pacific 00:00UTC/20:00EDT, Atlantic 14:00UTC/16:00CEST/10:00EDT

 Proposed meetings ... are there any problems with this:

   2014-10-08 Pacific 00:00UTC/20:00EDT, Atlantic 14:00UTC/16:00CEST/10:00EDT
   2014-10-15 Pacific 00:00UTC/20:00EDT, Atlantic 14:00UTC/16:00CEST/10:00EDT
   2014-10-22 Pacific 00:00UTC/20:00EDT, Atlantic 14:00UTC/16:00CEST/10:00EDT
   2014-10-29 Pacific 00:00UTC/20:00EDT, Atlantic 15:00UTC/16:00CEST/11:00EDT
   2014-11-05 Pacific 01:00UTC/20:00EDT, Atlantic 15:00UTC/16:00CEST/10:00EDT

 Will anyone be requesting a leave of absence in the near future?  For
 privacy reasons, this discussion will be kept off of the minutes.

 TC calendar:
 http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/calendar.php?wg_abbrev=ubl

 TC calendar iCal subscription link:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup_feeds/ical/my_vcalendar.ics?token=fa658a7994a6cefb10c10be09e139af3&workgroup_id=50