ubl message

Subject: Agenda for Atlantic UBL TC call 29 October 2014 15:00UTC

AGENDA FOR ATLANTIC UBL TC MEETING WEDNESDAY 29 October 2014 15:00UTC
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=2014-10-29T15:00:00

CONFERENCING INFO

   https://www2.gotomeeting.com/join/714594514

   Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is
   recommended. Or call in using your telephone.

   Australia: +61 (0) 2 9037 1944
   Austria: +43 (0) 7 2088 0034
   Belgium: +32 (0) 28 08 9321
   Canada: +1 (647) 977-5956
   Denmark: +45 (0) 69 91 80 05
   Finland: +358 (0) 931 58 1746
   France: +33 (0) 182 880 780
   Germany: +49 (0) 892 2061 159
   Ireland: +353 (0) 15 290 180
   Italy: +39 0 699 26 68 58
   Netherlands: +31 (0) 208 908 267
   New Zealand: +64 (0) 9 442 7358
   Norway: +47 21 54 32 44
   Spain: +34 911 23 0850
   Sweden: +46 (0) 852 500 612
   Switzerland: +41 (0) 435 0006 96
   United Kingdom: +44 (0) 203 535 0611
   United States: +1 (773) 945-1031

   Access Code: 714-594-514
   Meeting ID: 714-594-514
   Audio PIN (deprecated): Shown after joining the meeting

Pacific teleconference attendance:

  Kenneth Bengtsson
  G. Ken Holman (convener)
  Tim McGrath
  Andy Schoka

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to events calendar: http://ubl.xml.org/events
     - no events to add at this time

   Review of Pacific call minutes (copied below as agenda items)
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201410/msg00015.html

   Review of Atlantic call minutes
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201410/msg00011.html

   Membership status review
     https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#membership
     https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/membership.php?wg_abbrev=ubl
     https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ubl/members/roster.php?num_items=80

     - voting status is determined by the following:
       - existing voting members must not miss two consecutive meetings to
         maintain voting status
       - non-voting members must attend two consecutive meetings to obtain
         voting status
     - committee officers (alphabetical):
       - Jon Bosak (secretary)
       - G. Ken Holman (co-chair)
       - Tim McGrath (co-chair)
     - current voting member list (alphabetical):
       - Oriol Bausa
       - Kenneth Bengtsson
       - Peter Borresen
       - Kees Duvekot
       - Martin Forsberg
       - G. Ken Holman
       - Ole Madsen
       - Andy Schoka
     - members approaching losing voting status:
       - Martin Forsberg
     - members gaining voting status after this meeting:
       - Tim McGrath
   - what can we do to recruit more volunteers to the TC to share in the work?

   JIRA tickets
    https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=10170
    - no action needed

   Web site maintenance (committee web site or UBL.xml.org)
    - no action needed
    - the question arose regarding how to get email notifications of postings
      made to UBL.xml.org
      - Tim to find ways for UBL.xml.org to feed social media

ISO/IEC DIS 19845 Universal Business Language Version 2.1 (UBL v2.1)

  - as of the posting of this agenda the stage remains at 40.60

http://www.iso.org/iso/home/store/catalogue_tc/catalogue_detail.htm?csnumber=66370

  - J1N12314 received from JTC 1 as a package of comments from initial ballot
    - https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201410/msg00012.html
    - need to draft responses to the national body comments
    - response needs to have the approval (but we think not a vote) of the TC
    - Tim to draft response to BSI and SIS
    - Ken to draft response to JIS
    - for discussion at next week's meetings, at which point we will put it to
      the TC until the following week when we can agree and provide to OASIS
      as the recommended response

Human Interface Subcommittee (HISC) revival

  - work proceeding on Invoice, Order and Forwarding Instructions
  - Peter has progressed the work to create a stylesheet generator
    - invoice is complete
    - order is almost complete
    - forwarding instructions will be started soon
  - will work on procedures to accommodate submissions from others
    while keeping in mind intellectual property issues

UBL TC Face-to-face

  - confirmed for December 1, 2014 - Stockholm, Sweden
  - who is planning to attend?
    - please send offline to the chairs a written indication of your
      intention to attend (not a commitment, just an intention for our
      planning purposes)
  - what agenda items do we need?
    - work on some of the JIRA tickets
    - reports from each of the subcommittees (e.g. HISC)
    - how should we tie procurement and transportation to form a logic
      link all the way from "I want something" to it being delivered
      (bring together the two islands of procurement and transport)
    - new Publications Office forms
         We miss information about the new forms
    - should we have a multitude of smaller documents for process
      purposes, rather than larger documents? Note this is also a topic
      later in the week at the CEN/BII meeting
  - a conflict has arisen in that there is an e-SENS meeting in Stockholm
    the same days as the face-to-face and UBL International ... this may
    impact on the attendance by committee members and guests to the
    symposium

UBL International 2014

  - a half-day symposium in Stockholm, December 2, 2014 the day after
    the UBL TC face-to-face is ready to be announced:

      http://www.UBLconference.com

  - at this time attendance is limited to 50, but free because of sponsorships
    - few registrations have arrived at this point
- please invite organizations to become one of the limited number of sponsors
  - please help spread the word
  - any ideas for a UBL International symposium in 2015?

      http://www.UBLconference.com/hosting

  - the afternoon seminar by CEN WS/BII3 is announced here:

      http://www.cenbii.eu/cen-wsbii3-seminar-stockholm-2nd-december-2014/

UBL TC next steps

   - what promotional issues need to be addressed?
   - UBL 2 is an organic thing that can be grown

   - what do we do for implementation support?
   - should we write a companion document of how to use the specification?
   - industry-specific documentation?
   - make it easier to find what is relevant without changing the actual
     specification

   - how about a Twitter feed of UBL adoption and announcements?

   - what subject matter issues need to be addressed?
     - more transportation co-ordination issues
     - communications with transportation regulatory organizations
     - DBE-Core Information Set requirements?

   - what technical issues need to be addressed?
     - are any schema changes needed?
     - suggestion for new requirements for existing documents:
       - customs document alignment
       - tendering document alignment

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

  Next meetings:

    2014-10-29 Pacific 00:00UTC/20:00EDT, Atlantic 15:00UTC/16:00CEST/11:00EDT
    2014-11-05 Pacific 01:00UTC/20:00EDT, Atlantic 15:00UTC/16:00CEST/10:00EDT

Proposed (note we don't have meetings the week before or after face-to-face):

    2014-11-12 Pacific 01:00UTC/20:00EDT, Atlantic 15:00UTC/16:00CEST/10:00EDT
    2014-11-19 Pacific 01:00UTC/20:00EDT, Atlantic 15:00UTC/16:00CEST/10:00EDT
    2014-12-17 Pacific 01:00UTC/20:00EDT, Atlantic 15:00UTC/16:00CEST/10:00EDT
    2015-01-07 Pacific 01:00UTC/20:00EDT, Atlantic 15:00UTC/16:00CEST/10:00EDT

  Will anyone be requesting a leave of absence in the near future?  For
  privacy reasons, this discussion will be kept off of the minutes.

  TC calendar:
  http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/calendar.php?wg_abbrev=ubl

  TC calendar iCal subscription link:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup_feeds/ical/my_vcalendar.ics?token=fa658a7994a6cefb10c10be09e139af3&workgroup_id=50

OTHER BUSINESS

  - as comes forward

--
Public UBL and code list hands-on classes - Stockholm, Dec. 3&4,2014 |
Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/video.htm |

---