ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Pacific UBL TC call 05 November 2014 00:00UTC

MINUTES OF PACIFIC UBL TC TELECONFERENCE WEDNESDAY 05 November 2014 00:00UTC

ATTENDANCE

  G. Ken Holman (convener)
  Tim McGrath
  Andy Schoka

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to events calendar: http://ubl.xml.org/events
     - Australian Business Software Industry Association
       November 27, 2014 - Sydney Australia
       <http://www.absia.asn.au/data/ABSIA_Registration.pdf>http://www.absia.asn.au/data/ABSIA_Registration.pdf

   Review of Atlantic call minutes
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201410/msg00017.html

   Review of Pacific call minutes
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201410/msg00015.html

   Membership status review
     https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#membership
     https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/membership.php?wg_abbrev=ubl
     https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ubl/members/roster.php?num_items=80

     - voting status is determined by the following:
       - existing voting members must not miss two consecutive meetings to
         maintain voting status
       - non-voting members must attend two consecutive meetings to obtain
         voting status
     - committee officers (alphabetical):
       - Jon Bosak (secretary)
       - G. Ken Holman (co-chair)
       - Tim McGrath (co-chair)
     - current voting member list (alphabetical):
       - Oriol Bausa
       - Kenneth Bengtsson
       - Peter Borresen
       - Kees Duvekot
       - Martin Forsberg
       - G. Ken Holman
       - Ole Madsen
       - Andy Schoka
     - members approaching losing voting status:
       - Peter Borresen
   - what can we do to recruit more volunteers to the TC to share in the work?

   JIRA tickets
    https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=10170
    - no action needed

   Web site maintenance (committee web site or UBL.xml.org)
    - no action needed
    - the question arose regarding how to get email notifications of postings
      made to UBL.xml.org
      - Tim to find ways for UBL.xml.org to feed social media

ISO/IEC DIS 19845 Universal Business Language Version 2.1 (UBL v2.1)

  - as of the posting of this agenda the stage remains at 40.60

http://www.iso.org/iso/home/store/catalogue_tc/catalogue_detail.htm?csnumber=66370

  - J1N12314 received from JTC 1 as a package of comments from initial ballot
    - https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201410/msg00012.html
  - a draft TC response for each comment has been posted for review by the TC
    - https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201410/msg00018.html
  - AGREED (pending Atlantic call) - unanimous
    - forward these draft responses to OASIS as the recommended disposition
      of comments to be sent to JTC 1 in time for the JTC 1 Plenary
      November 15-20, 2014

Human Interface Subcommittee (HISC) revival

  - work proceeding on Invoice, Order and Forwarding Instructions
  - Peter has progressed the work to create a stylesheet generator
    - invoice is complete
    - order is almost complete
    - forwarding instructions will be started soon
  - will work on procedures to accommodate submissions from others
    while keeping in mind intellectual property issues

UBL TC Face-to-face

  - confirmed for December 1, 2014 - Stockholm, Sweden
  - who is planning to attend?
    - please send offline to the chairs a written indication of your
      intention to attend (not a commitment, just an intention for our
      planning purposes)
  - what agenda items do we need?
    - work on some of the JIRA tickets
    - reports from each of the subcommittees (e.g. HISC)
    - how should we tie procurement and transportation to form a logic
      link all the way from "I want something" to it being delivered
      (bring together the two islands of procurement and transport)
    - new Publications Office forms
         We miss information about the new forms
    - should we have a multitude of smaller documents for process
      purposes, rather than larger documents? Note this is also a topic
      later in the week at the CEN/BII meeting
  - a conflict has arisen in that there is an e-SENS meeting in Stockholm
    the same days as the face-to-face and UBL International ... this may
    impact on the attendance by committee members and guests to the
    symposium

UBL International 2014

  - a half-day symposium in Stockholm, December 2, 2014 the day after
    the UBL TC face-to-face is ready to be announced:

      http://www.UBLconference.com

  - a preliminary programme has been prepared by Tim:

      http://www.UBLconference.com/201412/programme.html

  - at this time attendance is limited to 50, but free because of sponsorships
    - few registrations have arrived at this point
- please invite organizations to become one of the limited number of sponsors
  - please help spread the word
  - any ideas for a UBL International symposium in 2015?

      http://www.UBLconference.com/hosting

  - the afternoon seminar by CEN WS/BII3 is announced here:

      http://www.cenbii.eu/cen-wsbii3-seminar-stockholm-2nd-december-2014/

UBL TC next steps

   - what promotional issues need to be addressed?
   - UBL 2 is an organic thing that can be grown

   - what do we do for implementation support?
   - should we write a companion document of how to use the specification?
   - industry-specific documentation?
   - make it easier to find what is relevant without changing the actual
     specification

   - how about a Twitter feed of UBL adoption and announcements?

   - what subject matter issues need to be addressed?
     - more transportation co-ordination issues
     - communications with transportation regulatory organizations
     - DBE-Core Information Set requirements?

   - what technical issues need to be addressed?
     - are any schema changes needed?
     - suggestion for new requirements for existing or new documents:
       - customs document alignment
       - tendering document alignment
       - transportation document alignment
       - container movement document alignment

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

  Next meetings:

    2014-11-05 Pacific 01:00UTC/20:00EDT, Atlantic 15:00UTC/16:00CEST/10:00EDT
    2014-11-12 Pacific 01:00UTC/20:00EDT, Atlantic 15:00UTC/16:00CEST/10:00EDT
    2014-11-19 Pacific 01:00UTC/20:00EDT, Atlantic 15:00UTC/16:00CEST/10:00EDT
    2014-12-17 Pacific 01:00UTC/20:00EDT, Atlantic 15:00UTC/16:00CEST/10:00EDT
    2015-01-07 Pacific 01:00UTC/20:00EDT, Atlantic 15:00UTC/16:00CEST/10:00EDT

  Will anyone be requesting a leave of absence in the near future?  For
  privacy reasons, this discussion will be kept off of the minutes.

  TC calendar:
  http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/calendar.php?wg_abbrev=ubl

  TC calendar iCal subscription link:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup_feeds/ical/my_vcalendar.ics?token=fa658a7994a6cefb10c10be09e139af3&workgroup_id=50