ubl message

Subject: Minutes of Atlantic UBL TC call 21 January 2015 15:00UTC

MINUTES OF ATLANTIC UBL TC TELECONFERENCE WEDNESDAY 21 JANUARY 2015 15:00UTC

ATTENDANCE

Atlantic teleconference:

  Oriol Bausa
  Peter Borresen
  Kees Duvekot
  G. Ken Holman (convener)
  Ole Madsen
  Andy Schoka

Pacific teleconference attendance:

  Kenneth Bengtsson
  G. Ken Holman (convener)
  Tim McGrath

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to events calendar: http://ubl.xml.org/events
     - no events to add at this time

   Review of Pacific call minutes
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201501/msg00023.html

   Review of Atlantic call minutes
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201501/msg00012.html

   Membership status review
     https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#membership
     https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/membership.php?wg_abbrev=ubl
     https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ubl/members/roster.php?num_items=80

     - voting status is determined by the following:
       - existing voting members must not miss two consecutive meetings to
         maintain voting status
       - non-voting members must attend two consecutive meetings to obtain
         voting status
     - committee officers (alphabetical):
       - Jon Bosak (secretary)
       - G. Ken Holman (co-chair)
       - Tim McGrath (co-chair)
     - current voting member list (alphabetical):
       - Oriol Bausa
       - Kenneth Bengtsson
       - Peter Borresen
       - Kees Duvekot
       - G. Ken Holman
       - Ole Madsen
       - Tim McGrath
       - Andy Schoka
   - what can we do to recruit more volunteers to the TC to share in the work?

   Web site maintenance (committee web site or UBL.xml.org)
    - the question arose regarding how to get email notifications of postings
      made to UBL.xml.org
      - Tim to find ways for UBL.xml.org to feed social media
    - UBL.xml.org needs to revisit the editorial board members and their
      section assignments
      - http://ubl.xml.org/editorial-board-and-editorial-policies
      - please notify Ken and Tim of your interest in helping
      - once we get new participants we will meet to discuss revamping the
        site
    - how better to get a higher profile on the www.oasis-open.org web site?
      - how can we position UBL to make it easier for people looking for
        it without knowing its name, emphasizing it is an eBusiness standard

ISO/IEC DIS 19845 Universal Business Language Version 2.1 (UBL v2.1)

  - as of the posting of this agenda the stage remains at 40.60

http://www.iso.org/iso/home/store/catalogue_tc/catalogue_detail.htm?csnumber=66370

- OASIS has forwarded to JTC 1 the proposed disposition of comments and OASIS
    is awaiting the response from JTC 1
  - Ken raised non-substantive errors found in the UBL 2.1 spreadsheets:
      https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-14
      https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-15
    - proposed to close these tickets with no action; archiving them as known
      problems in case anyone reports the problems in the future
      - requested to leave the issues open until they are fixed in a future
        internal release so that they do not fall through the cracks

Human Interface Subcommittee (HISC) revival

  - Peter to continue creating specifications using his spreadsheet approach
    - defining the box locations of the UN Layout Key forms
    - mapping UBL elements to the box locations
    - also developing input specifications
  - Peter and Ken to independently develop implementations to test the
    specifications
  - tested specifications to be published by HISC as a Committee Note for
    others to use

UBL Maintenance Governance Procedures Version 1.0

  - Ole and Ken to draft straw-man approach to the development of new
    revisions to UBL based on the submissions of interested parties
  - Tim and Oriol have been approached to contribute towards the straw-man
    before drafts are published for committee review
  - tracking this as https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-11
    - Ken continuing to work with the template in XML
- we need to determine the table of contents for what belongs in the document

UBL Guidelines for Mapping IFTM UN/EDIFACT Messages Version 1.0
  - Tim and Ken discussed the fragmentation of the committee note components
    - Ken tasked with moving some content from .docx to DocBook
  - tracking this as https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-12
  - Tim is looking for feedback from committee members regarding the base
    document from which the Committee Note is being derived:

     https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=54750

UBL Naming and Design Rules

  - Ken has posted a second working draft of Committee Specification Draft 01
    for review and discussion at:

    https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=54936

    - incorporates the dispositions proposed in:

       https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201501/msg00004.html

  - tracking this as https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-6

Business Document Header/Envelope

  - Tim submitted to BDXR the work done by the UBL TC 2 years ago
    https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201501/msg00013.html

JIRA tickets
    https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?filter=11670 (note that this filter
provides more information when the user is logged in to JIRA than when not)
    - when creating tickets, remember to distinguish the following components
      by how they are described to be used as categories:
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:components-panel
    - Tim added ticket for "required document distribution" for Waybill:
      https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL-16

UBL TC next steps

   - what promotional issues need to be addressed?
   - UBL 2 is an organic thing that can be grown

   - what do we do for implementation support?
   - should we write a companion document of how to use the specification?
   - industry-specific documentation?
   - make it easier to find what is relevant without changing the actual
     specification

   - how about a Twitter feed of UBL adoption and announcements?

   - what subject matter issues need to be addressed?
     - is there a need for XML equivalents to the container messages?
       - http://www.smdg.org/itigg/downloads/
       - Tim is already addressing the ITFM** messages, the question
         here is about the CO**** messages
       - we haven't seen any requests from people wanting XML for containers

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

  Next meetings:

    2015-01-28 Pacific 01:00UTC/20:00EDT, Atlantic 15:00UTC/16:00CEST/10:00EDT
    2015-02-04 Pacific 01:00UTC/20:00EDT, Atlantic 15:00UTC/16:00CEST/10:00EDT
    2015-02-11 Pacific 01:00UTC/20:00EDT, Atlantic 15:00UTC/16:00CEST/10:00EDT
    2015-02-18 Pacific 01:00UTC/20:00EDT, Atlantic 15:00UTC/16:00CEST/10:00EDT
    2015-02-25 Pacific 01:00UTC/20:00EDT, Atlantic 15:00UTC/16:00CEST/10:00EDT
    2015-03-04 Pacific 01:00UTC/20:00EDT, Atlantic 15:00UTC/16:00CEST/10:00EDT

  Will anyone be requesting a leave of absence in the near future?  For
  privacy reasons, this discussion will be kept off of the minutes.

  TC calendar:
  http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/calendar.php?wg_abbrev=ubl

  TC calendar iCal subscription link:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup_feeds/ical/my_vcalendar.ics?token=fa658a7994a6cefb10c10be09e139af3&workgroup_id=50

OTHER BUSINESS

  - Ken announced new and revised tools that will be used by SGTG:

     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-dev/201501/msg00000.html

Free 5-hour lecture:  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/video.htm |
Crane Softwrights Ltd.             http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/o/ |
G. Ken Holman                    mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com |