ubl message

Subject: Agenda for Atlantic UBL TC call 30 September 2015 14:00UTC

Agenda for Atlantic UBL TC call 30 September 2015 14:00UTC
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=2015-09-30T14:00:00

CONFERENCING INFO

   https://www2.gotomeeting.com/join/714594514

   Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is
   recommended. Or call in using your telephone.

   Australia: +61 (0) 2 9037 1944
   Austria: +43 (0) 7 2088 0034
   Belgium: +32 (0) 28 08 9321
   Canada: +1 (647) 977-5956
   Denmark: +45 (0) 69 91 80 05
   Finland: +358 (0) 931 58 1746
   France: +33 (0) 182 880 780
   Germany: +49 (0) 892 2061 159
   Ireland: +353 (0) 15 290 180
   Italy: +39 0 699 26 68 58
   Netherlands: +31 (0) 208 908 267
   New Zealand: +64 (0) 9 442 7358
   Norway: +47 21 54 32 44
   Spain: +34 911 23 0850
   Sweden: +46 (0) 852 500 612
   Switzerland: +41 (0) 435 0006 96
   United Kingdom: +44 (0) 203 535 0611
   United States: +1 (773) 945-1031

   Access Code: 714-594-514
   Meeting ID: 714-594-514
   Audio PIN (deprecated): Shown after joining the meeting

Pacific teleconference attendance:

  Kenneth Bengtsson
  G. Ken Holman (convener)
  Tim McGrath
  Andy Schoka

STANDING ITEMS

   Additions to events calendar: http://ubl.xml.org/events
     - no new events to add at this time

   Review of Pacific call minutes (copied below as agenda items)
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201509/msg00018.html

   Review of Atlantic call minutes
     https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201509/msg00016.html

   Membership status review
     https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/tc-process#membership
     https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/membership.php?wg_abbrev=ubl
     https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ubl/members/roster.php?num_items=80

     - voting status is determined by the following:
       - existing voting members must not miss two consecutive meetings to
         maintain voting status
       - non-voting members must attend two consecutive meetings to obtain
         voting status
     - committee officers (alphabetical):
       - Jon Bosak (secretary)
       - G. Ken Holman (co-chair)
       - Tim McGrath (co-chair)
     - current voting member list (alphabetical):
       - Kenneth Bengtsson
       - Kees Duvekot
       - G. Ken Holman
       - Ole Madsen
       - Tim McGrath
       - Andy Schoka
     - members approaching losing voting status:
       - Kees Duvekot
     - members approaching gaining voting status:
       - Oriol Bausa

ISO/IEC FDIS 19845 Universal Business Language Version 2.1 (UBL v2.1)

  - FDIS ballot now completed ... status remains at "50.60 (Close of
    voting. Proof returned by secretariat)" as of 2015-06-24 ... awaiting
    distribution of results:
http://www.iso.org/iso/home/store/catalogue_tc/catalogue_detail.htm?csnumber=66370
  - regarding citing the work, any discussion regarding what we discussed
    last meeting using the following for a version specific reference:

     OASIS Universal Business Language (UBL) v2.1 (ISO/IEC 19845)

  - the following would be used for a general reference:

     OASIS UBL (ISO/IEC 19845)

  - ACTION: all members please review the brand new list on our (under-used)
    wiki of where to send notifications of UBL 2.1 becoming ISO/IEC 19845
    (sign in with your regular OASIS member credentials):

      https://wiki.oasis-open.org/ubl/UBL_2.1_Announcement_List

UBL 2.2

  - in our governance document we posited that UBL would be revised on a
    three-year basis:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/ubl/UBL-Governance/v1.0/cn01/UBL-Governance-v1.0-cn01.html#S-THE-PLANNED-UBL-RELEASE-CYCLE
  - to meet this, we have to have all of the changes in by January 2016
- all members are reminded to contact those needing additions to UBL to review
    the governance document and get the discussion started for including any
changes, as additions submitted in January 2016 likely will not have time to
    be discussed before we have to cut off accepting them

UBL Naming and Design Rules Version 3.0

  - history:
    - public review ended April 15, 2015
      https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201503/msg00017.html
    - formal comments received:
      https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-comment/201503/msg00001.html
      https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-comment/201503/msg00002.html
      https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-comment/201504/msg00002.html
    - Ken has posted a second draft of the disposition document
      https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201505/msg00015.html
      (this needs to be updated if we accept the split of the document)
  - current:
    - Ken has prototyped the split of the NDR into two documents, one a
      committee specification and the other a committee note:
      https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/201509/msg00004.html
    - Tim and Andy are going to review the wording of sections and review
      the structuring of the two documents

JIRA tickets
    https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?filter=11670 (note that the view can
be changed using the box icon at top right; the list view provides the most
    summary information, without the detail view obscuring the screen space)
    - when creating tickets, remember to distinguish the following components
      by how they are described to be used as categories:
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/UBL/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:components-panel

UBL TC next steps

   - what promotional issues need to be addressed?
   - do we need a travelling road show along the lines of UBL International?

TC CONCALL SCHEDULE

  Next meetings:

    2015-09-30 Pacific 01:00UTC/21:00EDT, Atlantic 14:00UTC/16:00CEST/10:00EDT
    2015-10-07 No calls this week due to absences
    2015-10-14 Pacific 01:00UTC/21:00EDT, Atlantic 14:00UTC/16:00CEST/10:00EDT
    2015-10-21 Pacific 01:00UTC/21:00EDT, Atlantic 14:00UTC/16:00CEST/10:00EDT
    (European time change - proposed change in Atlantic call time in CET)
    2015-10-28 Pacific 01:00UTC/21:00EDT, Atlantic 14:00UTC/15:00CET/10:00EDT
    (North American time change - proposed change in Pacific call time in EST)
    2015-11-04 Pacific 01:00UTC/20:00EST, Atlantic 14:00UTC/15:00CET/09:00EST

  Will anyone be requesting a leave of absence in the near future?  For
  privacy reasons, this discussion will be kept off of the minutes.

  TC calendar:
  http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/calendar.php?wg_abbrev=ubl

  TC calendar iCal subscription link:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup_feeds/ical/my_vcalendar.ics?token=fa658a7994a6cefb10c10be09e139af3&workgroup_id=50